Your high-end Amiga!AmiKit turns your PC into high-end Classic Amiga environment! 
Welcome to AmiKit Support Forum!

(Click here for main AmiKit website)
none

Forums Search Register Reply Statistics FAQ  DONATE 
I have a suggestion AmiKit Support Forum / I have a suggestion /

Future amistart....

Author Srbin
Registered
#1 Posted: 28 Nov 2006 17:07 
hello,
what i would like is to have one more tool in amistart; the one that would watch-out for iconified programs. That way, if i need ie. iconified ibrowse, i would simple LMB on its small bottom-right image and have it uniconified. The iconified image on both desktop and tool would dissappear.

Why am i asking? When i have 3-4 programs started (ibrowse, simplemail, wookiechat, jabber, amiamp....) i keep most of them iconified except the ones i use ATM. But, when i need ie amiamp again, i have to close all windows, just to reach desktop and double LMB on iconified icon. The tool i want would have to watch for every new iconified icon that appear on desktop, and put the copy of it on it. What do you think?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 29 Nov 2006 00:14 
Yes, I think this would be an usefull feature. Have you tried to contact Darius Brewka, the author of AmiStart? He's open-minded to any suggestion.

Author Srbin
Registered
#3 Posted: 29 Nov 2006 22:40 
yeap, a few times, it seems that he is either not interested in this feature or not developing it anymore. And that would be a shame

We have a very recent disscusion about it at:
http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=21438&forum =27#343289

You might join me in convincing darius. Also, there i further developed the idea, better than i wrote here... See you there....

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 30 Nov 2006 00:35 Edited by: AmiKit 
Just to let you know, Darius is still developing the AmiStart, he just need some feedback in order to keep his motivation up - and I don't mean the money. Simply, showing the interest and providing some constructive bugreports is enough for him and other enthusiastic developers as well. That's why the AmiKit always contains the most recent version of AmiStart

Author Srbin
Registered
#5 Posted: 30 Nov 2006 12:33 
I would really like to see amistart's bounty or registration for ie $5 if that would help. Amistart RULEZ, and i see no bugs at 0.66 version. Join me at amigaworld forum, just to attract other AS users and Darius himself. He answered just to one post, not to others.

I have a suggestion AmiKit Support Forum / I have a suggestion / Future amistart.... Top
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 123 [22 Apr 2016 12:58]
Guests - 123 / Members - 0