AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 191 [17 Oct 2019 17:54]
Guests - 191 / Members - 0
Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /  

AmiKit on a real Amiga, Problem with AmiStart

Author arnljot
Partaker
#1 Posted: 17 Dec 2009 13:02 
@Dimitris

I hope you read these forums I post here, incase my problem is generic and others might have a benefit of it if they get into those problems...

I have a problem with AmiStart (and DOPUS listers backgrounds in iconmode)

1) AmiStart
The AmiKit eye has vertical lines on it, ugly corruptions. Icons have those too and are gray and not nice at all. Showing submenues leaves artifacts on the background after closing. I can "wash" them away by moving dopus windows around the screen

2) Dopus icon listers
With the default background image in DOPUS the window is bright red and there is corruption along the left edge of the window. I can fix this by choosing another background tile.

I suspect this can be some problem with trancparency. Are these images PNGs with transparency?

I use Picasso96, latest version and a PicassoIV.

Author midwan
Partaker
#2 Posted: 19 Dec 2009 09:29 
@arnljot

Hmm, never heard about this kind of problem before. I will run some tests these days and see if I can replicate the problem.

The icons are PNGs with transparency, yes. Have you tried disabling DOpus and seeing if the problem persists in Workbench as well? What screenmode are you using (and in what color depth)?

Author genny_flick
#3 Posted: 5 May 2012 15:18 
No way to put Amistart to work on my A4000/040: it crash after loading, or produce garbage graphics or crash after a while freezing Amiga, or fill all my fast ram (128mb) freezing Amiga.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 6 May 2012 09:49 
This is probably because of its settings adjusted to emulated environment and true-color display. I recommend to start with default AmiStart settings and configure it from beginning.

The current settings are stored in AmiKit:Utilities/EXPANSION/AmiStart/sm.prefs file. Back it up and use the default one if present (rename it to sm.prefs) or get the file from original AmiStart archive.

Author genny_flick
#5 Posted: 6 May 2012 15:03 
Hi, good news: with default sm.prefs works, now we must find the issue. Any hint?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#6 Posted: 6 May 2012 15:20 Edited by: AmiKit 
I would bet on ttengine.library. I have no access to AmiKit right now but as far as I remember the AmiStart is configured to use TTEngine fonts somewhere in the settings. Either install TTEngine on your computer (or re-install with correct CPU version) or disable it in AmiStart settings. You might want to try to edit the AmiKit's AmiStart settings (the sm.prefs file) with text editor and disable only the TTEngine parts so the rest of the settings will stay intact.

The problem might be out of AmiStart or TTEngine too. Try to enable/disable Afa_OS (by editing the startup-sequence, there's a loader somewhere in the beginning). Or keep it enabled and experiment with various AfA_OS libraries, turn them on or off. Go to AmiKit:Utilities/EXPANSION/AfA_OS, enter the AfA_OS_Libs folder (or something like this) and move the libraries to (or from) Disabled folder. Note that you need to cold reset your Amiga everytime you enable or disable any library.

Author genny_flick
#7 Posted: 6 May 2012 18:24 
I will try your hints, for now many thanks and greetings from Italy

Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /
 AmiKit on a real Amiga, Problem with AmiStart

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑