AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /  

How to run Napalm?

Author Tom Lewis
Partaker
#1 Posted: 11 Nov 2009 16:55 
Alright as we all know Amikit is simply amazing! Wow I'm loving gettting back into Amiga. I've got T-Zero running well, I've also got some WHDLoad games running well off the desktop and now am working on Napalm. The issue I'm having is it runs way too fast! How do you all set it up to run at proper speed? Also when it's emulated are we limited to 8-bit graphics? Thanks a million!

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 11 Nov 2009 22:39 Edited by: AmiKit 
Hi Tom!

Here is described how I managed to run Napalm.

With regards to the speed, you can try to experiment with the CPU Idle slider in WinUAE/CPU settings. It determines how much CPU power is given to the emulation. By default, the slider is at the most left position which means all the PC power goes to emulation.

With regards to the 8-bit graphics, I think it is a limitation of the game itself. But I am not sure. Napalm uses RTG system to display graphics and as far as I remember it always offered 8-bit screenmodes even with other software/games and even under emulation.

Author Tom Lewis
Partaker
#3 Posted: 12 Nov 2009 12:12 
Thanks for the reply! Gosh I love Amikit, it's been so much fun tinkering with Amiga again. Anyhow, I saw that blog a while ago. Although I can run it straight from the icon. It installed without any problems and works, it's just too fast! So it looks like we are limited to 8-bit so that's fine, I just wanted to make sure. I'll try the CPU slider and see if I can slow it down a bit. I tried "match 500" speed but that was a little too slow. Thanks so much for the software and time to support it! Take care.

Author Nephlin
Partaker
#4 Posted: 11 Jan 2010 13:55 
Hi!Actually you can change the speed in the game when you playing.
Just press the escape key and choose on the options screen speeds from 1 to 8 ;)

Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /
 How to run Napalm?

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑