AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /  

AK 1.5.0 fails to start on my system!

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2

Author Artha Parson
Partaker
#16 Posted: 22 Sep 2008 01:02 
Thx Jan for the great info here, I did not know about this.

When AK reads the CD it tells me it is 2005 / 2006 and not AF5 / AF6, or at least that is how the message on the installation script handles the issue. The error message given states "this is not a genuine copy of Amiga Forever" or something like that.

(Unless I uninstall / reinstall the whole thing again to see the exact error message, I cannot recreate the situation again since after installing the required Amiga files off the OS3.9 CD, now AK runs no matter what!)

Who cares now anyway: everything is working fine again and I'm back on track enjoying your great creation as before. I wish only someone could come up with some software / hardware add-on thing to pc systems so people like me could also enjoy the Amiga's HAM graphics mode.

I know HAM was even hated by most Amigans back then (myself included at first) but later I came to realize some great potentials in HAM that come in really handy for certain grfx projects.

Anyway, keep up the good work! Pray for me so I'll have a better financial situation to support you and all those great people like you who still do care about the Amiga and its user base with great achievements like this.

Best wishes,
SP / AP

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 
Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /
 AK 1.5.0 fails to start on my system!

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑