AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /  

AmiKit Crashes - 1.5.0

Author mingle1
Partaker
#1 Posted: 12 Sep 2008 06:39 
Hi,

I did a clean install of Amikit 1.5.0 (using my Amigaforever 2008 CD during the install).

I'm experience seemingly random crashes (of the emulation, not WinUAE). Once it gave me a guru just after the AmiKit splash screen and a couple of times just after the desktop appeared.

More recently (yesterday) I had a couple of crashes, which I managed to get a screen dump:

This app could be the cause of the other crashes, I guess...

One other minor thing: how do I make the AmiKit 'eye' icon on the AmiStart menu smaller... (see the screen capture to see what I mean)

Cheers,

Mike.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 12 Sep 2008 07:35 
Hi Mike,

it seems that the LimpidClock is in conflict with AmiStart on your config. This might be due to timing issue, both programs load TrueType fonts and if they do at the same time, the crash might appear. To change the timing, go to WBStartup folder, right click on the LimpidClock.ttengine icon and select Informations. Locate the DELAY tooltype and change its value. Default is 200. You can try to set it lower (eg. 50) or higher (eg. 300). If it doesn't help, move the LimpidClock.ttengine to WBStartup/Disabled folder and use the plain LimpidClock instead (move it from WBStartup/Disabled to WBStartup).

AFAIK the you cannot make the AmiStart 'eye' icon smaller. You can use another image instead. Edit the AmiStart icon in WBStartup and change the STARTICON tooltype (or similar, I don't remember exactly).

Author mingle1
Partaker
#3 Posted: 12 Sep 2008 08:21 Edited by: mingle1 
Hi,

Thanks for the info... I've tried changing the delay to 50 and so far so good...

The only other couple of minor issues I've had are:

1: Corrupted fonts (the "A" or "a" only) on all menu and screen text. This too is seemingly random.

2: The 'Action' program (start > graphics > ACTION) does seem to do anything. It just doesn't start - no errors or any feedback at all... Maybe I'm missing something?

3: When I select ScalOS as the environment (under MorpheuZ) when I try a reboot, it seems to stick on the AmiKit splash screen..

Cheers,

Mike.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 12 Sep 2008 14:09 Edited by: AmiKit 
1. It must be the result of the timing issue as well. It happens here too.

2. There's no Action program if you used Amiga Forever to install AmiKit. Check this thread.

3. I'll take a look...

Author alanwall
Partaker
#5 Posted: 13 Sep 2008 05:38 
ok I decided to do a fresh install/format the partition that AmiKit was on as fat32/reboot/install/test/reboot and started adding stuff that was on my 1.45
install/reboot/ and get a MagicMenu and Iprefs error with a guru of 8----b
chose suspend and nothing further happens ?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#6 Posted: 13 Sep 2008 20:58 
Maybe add a Wait 1 command before IPrefs in startup-sequence. Also make sure you selected the the 1024x768 screenmode in "Screenmode AmiKit".

Author alanwall
Partaker
#7 Posted: 15 Sep 2008 20:23 
tried that/did not work.Reinstalled and added piece by piece my other software and all is good
This is related to the Linux install:
what pieces are different than the Windows install ?
could you make a package of them and put up on your
site ?
I assume there are differences in startup-sequence
and probably some drivers
Thanks !

Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /
 AmiKit Crashes - 1.5.0

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑