AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /  

error-messages like C: Safe and so on are unknouwn commands

Author Lehmann
Partaker
#1 Posted: 9 Sep 2008 23:48 
Why I allways get the errore-messages, that C: Safe and so on are unknown commands? Therofore I donīt get Amikit started. WinUAE whitout Amikit runs perfectly.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 10 Sep 2008 09:01 
What source of AmigaOS have you used to install AmiKit? Was the installation successful?

Isn't some of your Windows partition (or other drive) named "AmiKit" ?

What Windows version do you use?

Author Lehmann
Partaker
#3 Posted: 10 Sep 2008 20:41 
Iīve used AmigaOS 3.9 CD, I run Windows XP Professional on a PC with Athlon 2400 and 1 GB Ram, The Installation was in my opinion successfully, becaus it takes all what it need from the CD, but in the end a requester appears with the information, that the Command wait isnīt known and then the Command reboot is unknown. Iīve installed the Amikit with a bought Version of the Amikit 1.4 CD. In earlier times Iīve even managed to get started the Amikit, but only once. Second time Iīd the same Problems. No partition is named Amikit, but a directory, was made by Installer.
Need really help.
Thanks for

Peter Lehmann
Germany, Bonn

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 11 Sep 2008 13:27 Edited by: AmiKit 
If I understand this correctly the first error messages appeared at the end of the installation, right?

Can you try to install the latest version of AmiKit (v1.5.0) ? Please let me know.

Author Lehmann
Partaker
#5 Posted: 11 Sep 2008 19:50 
Sorry,
that I answer now, but I came from work in this moment.
Yes, the first error message appeared at the end of installation. Iīve even tryed out to install Version 1.5, it was the same.

Peter
URL

Author AmiKit
Admin
#6 Posted: 12 Sep 2008 17:13 
Are you sure you have enough space left on the partition where you install AmiKit?

What filesystem do you use?

Author Lehmann
Partaker
#7 Posted: 12 Sep 2008 18:56 
Yes Iīm sure. I use NTFS-Filesystem. I think that the Amikit canīt find their own SYStempartition. But what is wrong?

Peter

Author AmiKit
Admin
#8 Posted: 13 Sep 2008 21:06 Edited by: AmiKit 
Frankly, I have no idea what's wrong. But still, there's at least one more thing you can try.

Re-install AmiKit but don't start it. Run your own WinUAE environment, set up a hardfile and copy the AmiKit files to the hardfile following these instructions. Then AmiKit should run from hardfile instead of the Windows folder which hopefully eliminates the troubles.

Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /
 error-messages like C: Safe and so on are unknouwn commands

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑