AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /  

anyone uses DPaint IV AGA with AmiKit?

Author Artha Parson
Partaker
#1 Posted: 3 Jul 2008 10:18 
Hello there!

my first post/question on the AK forum although have been a user for a few years already.

anyone ever used DPaint, especially the AGA version with AmiKit?

i know DPaint is not everybody's favorite anymore but i still use it for some sketches and have trouble using it correctly via emulation (AmiKit / WinUAE) on WinXP.

my problem is:

1. HAM mode doesn't work correctly

but more important than that perhaps, is:

2. DPaint on PC's native mode, loads up and works but not fully!

by that, i mean when you run DPIV AGA on AmiKit, in the resolutions requester, there are many choices including a 1024 x 768 screen size, which is exactly the resolution set for my laptop's screen.

when i choose that resolution, it does work, but not all DPaint gadgest are usable unfortunately othewise it is a great resolution to work with DPaint!

anyone could help with this please?

thx!

AP

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 3 Jul 2008 10:29 Edited by: AmiKit 
I don't use DPaint but new version of WinUAE might help. Download the ZIP archive of the latest version form www.winuae.net and copy the executable to AmiKit\WinUAE folder.

With regards to the resolution, make sure you choose 8bit mode (256 colors). As far as I remember DPaint is not able to operate in more colors resolution.

Author ChaosLord
Partaker
#3 Posted: 20 Nov 2008 09:04 
I love Dpaint IV!

Could you please try Dpaint in 640x512 256 color mode and report does it work perfectly?

I use it in that mode all the time on my real miggy and it works great! 1280x512 works perfectly also.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 20 Nov 2008 10:24 
And does it work for you in these modes in AmiKit too?

Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /
 anyone uses DPaint IV AGA with AmiKit?

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑