AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /  

Missing WHDload files

Author wiser3
Partaker
#1 Posted: 7 Oct 2007 06:21 
Whenever i try to launch a WHDLoad game (whether an included game like Deluxe Galaga or one from my collection) i get an error requester of "object not found".

It's not always looking for the same file, but the location it's looking in is always the same. For example it can't find "devs:kickstarts/kick40068.a4000", or "devs:kickstarts/kick34005.a500". I do have similar files in that location, such as kick34005.a500.PAT and kick34005.a500.RTB.

I placed my WHDLoad registration key in the S: dir and it finds that ok.

Where are the files it's looking for and why weren't they installed with AmiKIT?

Thanks

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 7 Oct 2007 14:19 
The missing files you mentioned are copyrighted ROM files and they cannot be part of the AmiKit package, of course.

During the installation of AmiKit, the ROMFind.exe program is launched. It searches your HDD for suitable ROM file. If found, this ROM file (v3.1) is copied to installed AmiKit folder so the WinUAE can use it and launch the emulation.

In addition, the ROMFind.exe program copies the same ROM file to AmiKit/Devs/Kickstart folder as well so the WHDLoad can use it too. For example, if ROM v3.1 is found, it is copied as kick40068.a4000. If ROM v1.3 is found, it is copied as kick34005.a500, etc.

If no suitable ROM file is found, nothing is copied to Devs/Kickstarts and thus WHDLoad won't work. If this is the case, do copy the appropriate ROM files to the Devs/Kickstarts folder manually. Make sure you give these files the correct names.

The .PAT and .RTB files are just the support files. They are not the ROM files themselves. For more information please read the WHDLoad documentation.

Author wiser3
Partaker
#3 Posted: 7 Oct 2007 20:51 
In addition, the ROMFind.exe program copies the same ROM file to AmiKit/Devs/Kickstart folder as well so the WHDLoad can use it too. For example, if ROM v3.1 is found, it is copied as kick40068.a4000. If ROM v1.3 is found, it is copied as kick34005.a500, etc.

I had installed using my Amiga Forever 2006 CD. I manually copied over the ROM files and renamed two of them as you indicate above. The games i was previously trying to play now work.

Is there a list somewhere of what the other ROM versions should be named for use with WHDLoad? I wasn't able to find anything in the WHDLoad docs.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 7 Oct 2007 23:00 
Is there a list somewhere of what the other ROM versions should be named for use with WHDLoad? I wasn't able to find anything in the WHDLoad docs.

kick34005.a500 and kick40068.a4000 are enough to run most of the games. The complete list can be found here:

http://whdload.de/docs/en/need.html

Author Bob
#5 Posted: 15 Oct 2010 17:14 
Hey, Im new to this and a bit computer illiterate too gulp...

This is way over my head, but i get the same error message too.

I have checked in the devs/Kickstarts and can see 3 RTB files inside it

kick34005.a500.rtb
kick40068.1200.rtb
kick40068.a4000.rtb

Do I have to do anything else please, because the error is still showing and I cannot play Flashback

Thankyou.

Author Anonymous
#6 Posted: 10 Nov 2010 00:48 
rename correctly and put in dev/kickstart directory
(without the .rtb at the end)

Author AmiKit
Admin
#7 Posted: 15 Dec 2010 23:02 
Hi Bob, download and install AmiKit engine update from here, then run ROMFind and search for the ROMs and install them. It should fix your problem. Then the devs/kickstarts folder should contain something like this:

kick40068.1200
kick40068.a1200.rtb
kick40068.4000
kick40068.a4000.rtb

Otherwise, in Windows, locate your AmiKit folder. In ROMs directory there's kick.rom file. Copy to devs/kicstarts and rename it to kick40068.4000

Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /
 Missing WHDload files

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑