AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /  

installed latest version amikit and just get kickstart screen?

Author Steve
Partaker
#1 Posted: 6 Aug 2007 17:26 Edited by: Steve 
Hope someone can help me i am running Amikit on a Vista machine AMD DUAL CORE 32BIT have installed Amikit & have Amiga Forever installed etc all roms have been detected via rom find but when i run Amikit i just get the Kickstart 2.01 purple screen what am i doing wrong any help many thanks.

Author foody
Partaker
#2 Posted: 6 Aug 2007 17:51 Edited by: foody 
You mean you got the same EXACT problem I am and AmiKit only asks questions? Yup, I am in the same boat as you are.

Here is my problem

Author AmiKit
Admin
#3 Posted: 6 Aug 2007 18:27 Edited by: AmiKit 
Hehe, foody, I have to ask questions, I have no crystal ball to solve your problem automagically.

Steve, please download the WinUAE1420a.zip and copy it to your installed AmiKit\WinUAE folder.

Also Windows Vista may give you some problems due to its strict policy about altering files inside the Program Files directory. To avoid this it might help to use the file explorer and select the Program Files/AmiKit folder and change the permissions (both from the main properties page and under the Advanced section) so that all processes have full permissions to the AmiKit folder and subfolders.

Also make sure the AmiKit\ROMs\kick.rom file is really ROM3.1

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 6 Aug 2007 19:08 Edited by: AmiKit 
Steve, I have just installed WinUAE installer and it completely changed the WinUAE path settings and I ended up with the purple Kickstart screen as well.

Start AmiKit Launcher, select "Configure WinUAE" button, switch to Configurations section, hit the "Load from" button and load C:\Program Files\AmiKit\WinUAE\Configurations\AmiKit_v1.uae file.

Then switch to ROM section and manually set the path to the kick.rom file. By default it should be C:\Program Files\AmiKit\ROMs\kick.rom.

Also set the path to the HDD too. Switch to "Hard drives" section, select the HDD entry and pres "Properties button". Insert following as the path:
C:\Program Files\AmiKit\AmiKit\

Another solution is to uninstall WinUAE. If you want to use new WinUAE with AmiKit, simply copy new WinUAE.exe into AmiKit\WinUAE\ folder manually.

Author Steve
Partaker
#5 Posted: 6 Aug 2007 19:17 
ok thanks for your help ok neally there i think?got to the screen starting and got software failure lol (like the old guru mediation error)anyway managed to get to the registration screen and then got to Workbench Grey screen with amikit at the top all i can do is press f12 and enter winuae setting any ideas thanks again.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#6 Posted: 6 Aug 2007 19:21 Edited by: AmiKit 
The guru meditations happen due to your CPU, probably. The WinUAE included in AmiKit does not support dual core CPUs. Therefore download WinUAE 1.4.2a as suggested above and try again.

Author Steve
Partaker
#7 Posted: 6 Aug 2007 19:45 
i am using Winuae 1.4.2a so can't be that?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#8 Posted: 6 Aug 2007 19:57 Edited by: AmiKit 
Ok, please re-install AmiKit but do not start the emulation. First copy the WinUAE 1.4.2a into AmiKit\WinUAE folder. Then start the emulation and select 800x600 screen mode at the end of the installation of system files.

Author foody
Partaker
#9 Posted: 6 Aug 2007 20:15 
I am getting the purple screen and still not working well with me, I am going to try AmigaSYS, if this works out I am moving from AmiKit to AmigaSys instead.

Author Steve
Partaker
#10 Posted: 6 Aug 2007 20:30 
Hi Foody i got rid of the purple screen by replacing the Winuae in Amikit Directory with the latest version as Amigaforever had a different version of Winuae and i think they were conflicting hope this helps.

Author foody
Partaker
#11 Posted: 6 Aug 2007 22:41 
Not really I have moved to AmigaSys, it is better than AmiKit actually :D I can now continue with my Amiga game development, thanks though,.

Author klesterjr
#12 Posted: 7 Aug 2007 04:47 
@foody

Problem solved then.

Author alanwall
Partaker
#13 Posted: 7 Aug 2007 21:52 
well I wish you luck with Amigasys,I never found it easy to use.Guess I am just a Amikit/AmigaForever kind of guy.And AmigaXL also, with e-uae on the burner !

Author AmiKit
Admin
#14 Posted: 19 Aug 2007 13:14 
The problem was that AmiKit checks for newer version of WinUAE on your system, and if found, this newer version is used instead of the internal one. So for example if you have installed new WinUAE 1.4.3 (using its installer) into C:\Program Files\WinUAE, the AmiKit checks this location and uses this executable instead of the one located in C:\Program Files\AmiKit\WinUAE\ folder.

Unfortunatelly, the WinUAE 1.4.3 has a bug in path system it could not found the AmiKit location (ROM and HDD) even though it was specified. This resulted into the violet kickstart screen as you described.

It seems this issue is fixed in the latest beta version of WinUAE. Please download it (WinUAE 1.4.4 beta 1) and copy the executable into your installed WinUAE location, eg. C:\Program Files\WinUAE\

Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /
 installed latest version amikit and just get kickstart screen?

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑