AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /  

Start menu transparency

Author dlr
Partaker
#1 Posted: 19 Jun 2007 20:21 
Hi

Is there anyway I can turn off the transparent start menu or should that be Boing menu heh that you open from the bottom left? I find it a bit slow and im sure it would be quicker if it was just solid colour which would be ok by me

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 19 Jun 2007 21:55 
Hello,

you can turn off the transparency of the taskbar by clicking the right-mouse bytton over the empty area of the bar and selecting "Taskbar Settings".

To turn off the start menu transparency, open the menu and press the right-mouse button over the AmiKit graphics and select "Settings".

What you might feel as slow is that AmiStart loads the icons of selected menu on the fly so it might be slow when you click the menu for the first time. You can change this behavior so the AmiStart preloads all the icons. However it prolongs the boot time considerably, I think. Change the AmiKit:WBStartup/AmiStart tooltypes, put the LATELOAD argument into brackets.

Author dlr
Partaker
#3 Posted: 19 Jun 2007 21:59 
ah yes I did the first bit taskbar settings, didnt realise you had to then click the amikit bit and go into settings

Yep noticed its quicker after the first time. I will see what its like having it load them all at start instead

thanks

Author dlr
Partaker
#4 Posted: 19 Jun 2007 22:05 
Bit better thanks. Didnt seem to take any longer to load either

Now if only there was a decent browser

Author AmiKit
Admin
#5 Posted: 19 Jun 2007 22:43 
Alt-Tab

Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /
 Start menu transparency

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑