AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /  

YAM Datatype setup

Author BVR Sharman
Partaker
#1 Posted: 18 Apr 2007 10:35 
According to the latest YAM 2.5 Dev the datatype system on AmiKit is incorrectly setup and certain images are incorrectly displayed in Multiview.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 18 Apr 2007 10:57 Edited by: AmiKit 
The following YAM file causes the problem: Icons/config_lists_big
Seems it's corrupted and not recognized as a regular PNG format. Delete it, duplicate "config_lists" file and name it as "config_lists_big".

Author BVR Sharman
Partaker
#3 Posted: 18 Apr 2007 12:54 
Thanks for the rapid reply.

Your suggestion works but beggers the question; why is there not a similar problem on my real Amiga ?

Cheers

Brian

Author klesterjr
#4 Posted: 18 Apr 2007 13:16 Edited by: klesterjr 
Yam beta is using a strange image format anyway (256 color PNG/No alpha channel).

Author AmiKit
Admin
#5 Posted: 18 Apr 2007 13:48 
klesterjr wrote:
Images get corrupted sometimes -- presumably this one did when Jan installed it, archived it, or somwhere else along the line.

No, the corrupted file we are talking about is not the default part of AmiKit. It's in latest DEV archive of YAM.

Author klesterjr
#6 Posted: 18 Apr 2007 13:51 
No, the corrupted file we are talking about is not the default part of AmiKit. It's in latest DEV archive of YAM.

Heh, heh -- you replied too quickly -- I figured that out and completely changed my post before seeing your reply!

Author AmiKit
Admin
#7 Posted: 18 Apr 2007 13:52 Edited by: AmiKit 
BVR Sharman wrote:
Your suggestion works but beggers the question; why is there not a similar problem on my real Amiga ?

AmiKit uses akPNG datatype and it seems the "config_lists_big" image is the only one that is not recognized by this datatype. The reason why the situation is different on your real Amiga is that you probably use different datatype for PNG images, WarpPNG maybe?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#8 Posted: 18 Apr 2007 13:53 
@klesterjr

Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /
 YAM Datatype setup

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑