AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 324 [28 Nov 2019 07:12]
Guests - 324 / Members - 0
Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /  

amikit is full

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2

Author alanwall
Partaker
#16 Posted: 16 Apr 2007 19:30 
which files so I make sure I don't delete them ? Thanks !

Author AmiKit
Admin
#17 Posted: 16 Apr 2007 19:49 Edited by: AmiKit 
Hehe, I think you want too much from me But try to use SimpleFind, switch to "All Options" and search "Prot.bits". Search for files with "s" set and then do another search for files with "p" set.

Author nizchka
Partaker
#18 Posted: 21 Jan 2008 01:09 
I use NTFS for a 50GB partition on which I use 2 directories as simulated amiga drives. I read in a previous reply in this thread that the _uaefsdb._ files are stored on FAT32 partitions. I found a lot 1713 of those _uaefsdb._, strangly enough only in the emulated AmiKit: drive (ntfs directory). Not a singe _uaefsdb._ on the emulated AmiWork: drive (ntfs directory on the same drive). There are several directories which are affected, but not all.

nizchka

Author AmiKit
Admin
#19 Posted: 22 Jan 2008 23:07 
AmiKit was compiled on FAT32 filesystem and that's why there are so many _uaefsdb._ files in AmiKit directory, no matter on what filesystem you install it. If you use FAT32 filesystem and change some Amiga files attributes in AmiKit, the corresponding _uaefsdb._ file is updated. If you make such a change on NTFS filesystem, the _uaefsdb._ file is not updated (or created) because the change is saved somewhere deep into the NTFS structure - and that's why there are no _uaefsdb._ files on your own AmiWork: drive.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 
Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /
 amikit is full

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑