AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /  

AmiKit eat up all Ram

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3

Author AmiKit
Admin
#31 Posted: 2 Mar 2007 01:43 Edited by: AmiKit 
@RetroNerd

So did the memory problem appear even with fresh AmiKit 1.3.0 installation?

Author RetroNerd
Partaker
#32 Posted: 2 Mar 2007 02:57 
Yes, sadly.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#33 Posted: 2 Mar 2007 09:48 Edited by: AmiKit 
So you reinstalled fresh AmiKit 1.3.0 and just changed s-s to run Workbench instead of Magellan, right? Have you also enabled AsyncWB in your WBStartup?

Author RetroNerd
Partaker
#34 Posted: 2 Mar 2007 14:54 
Yes and Yes.

Author bernd_afa
Partaker
#35 Posted: 2 Mar 2007 15:39 
>whiches causes troubles with some DOS installed amiga games (No WHDLoad) too.

what games make trouble ?
maybe it help when you switch of fast icons-this is not need

for mem eating:
I have test amikit 1.3 with workbench.i just activate loadwb deactivate loaddb

I get no memloss.I run asyncwb not.

It is also strange that chipmem get loss.I do extreme testing.

with old icon lib wb need some chip mem.with new the wb need no chipmem.I have 1193 kb chipmem in amikit free also when show a directory
with 1800 files that have no Icons.normaly noone handle so much files on wb because showing take some sec also on winuae and fast PC.

then the mem drop down from 128 MB to 61 MB showing all the Icons.

without PNG Icons it drop from 128 to 81 MB .but of course the icons are not 32bit.
32bit Icons must also keep the compressed data and the uncompressed data in memory.

if i can change that a def icon is only 1 time in memory save a lot mem.but i think most users dont show such large dirs with workbench
so i better spend time for more usefull.

the workbench have also the disadvantage that the mem for icons is need too when only names are show.

Author RetroNerd
Partaker
#36 Posted: 2 Mar 2007 16:15 
I really appreciate your efforts Bernd, but it is related somehow to HDFs. It works fine with folder harddrives. Switched to HDFs, because i got some XP nt.dll errors in the past with folder hdds.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#37 Posted: 8 Mar 2007 00:50 Edited by: AmiKit 
Does it also happen in latest WinUAE 1.4.0?

What Amiga filesystem do you use? FFS? SFS? PFS? And what about Windows filesystem?

Are you sure you mounted the hardfile in WinUAE settings correctly?

Author Toni Wilen
#38 Posted: 8 Mar 2007 09:17 
because i got some XP nt.dll errors in the past with folder hdds.

Your Windows installation is broken/damaged which can cause all kinds of weird side-effects... This should be fixed first.

Author RetroNerd
Partaker
#39 Posted: 9 Mar 2007 03:13 
Your Windows installation is broken/damaged which can cause all kinds of weird side-effects... This should be fixed first.

This was app. one year ago. I re-installed XP some month ago. This is probably no more related to my problem, all folder hdds works fine now.

@Jan

It doesn't matter which filesystem i use. And yes, the WinUAE hardfile settings are correct.

Author Toni Wilen
#40 Posted: 9 Mar 2007 14:01 
Ok, hmm.. I don't anymore see any other way to debug this than to start disabling all possible not needed background applications and programs from wbstartup and startup-sequence until the problem (hopefully) disappears..

Author RetroNerd
Partaker
#41 Posted: 13 Mar 2007 04:33 Edited by: RetroNerd 
Jan found out that the icon_lib.exe causes the mem eating (Only in my case). The reason is unknown so far.

Author RetroNerd
Partaker
#42 Posted: 17 May 2007 00:00 
The mem eating with HDF files is gone. Many thanks for fixing this annoying problem, Bernd.

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 
Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /
 AmiKit eat up all Ram

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑