AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /  

AmiKit eat up all Ram

Page  Page 2 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3  Next »

Author AmiKit
Admin
#16 Posted: 28 Feb 2007 20:38 Edited by: AmiKit 
However, as RetroNerd reported, the bug is not there in AmiKit 1.2.9. Therefore it must be something related to new AfA_OS files, I think.

Author Toni Wilen
#17 Posted: 28 Feb 2007 20:52 
Yes, it is possible but 1.3.0 also revealed ancient UAE filesystem bug so you can never know without testing

Author RetroNerd
Partaker
#18 Posted: 28 Feb 2007 21:32 
It is defintive a AfA_OS related bug. The Ram eating problems are gone after i've disabled it. Also checked with a pure OS 3.9 install, no HDF trouble there.

Author UncleSpam
Partaker
#19 Posted: 28 Feb 2007 23:13 
Interesting how your system is different enough from mine that this problem shows up.

Bogdan

Author AmiKit
Admin
#20 Posted: 1 Mar 2007 00:38 
@UncleSpam
Do you use hardfile as well?

@RetroNerd
Can you confirm the bug exists in DOpus as well?

Author RetroNerd
Partaker
#21 Posted: 1 Mar 2007 01:18 
I've switched to DOpus Magellan with AfA_OS enabled, there are no problems. Now i'm really confused.

Author UncleSpam
Partaker
#22 Posted: 1 Mar 2007 03:17 Edited by: UncleSpam 
No, I do not use a hard file normally.

I have one created on a 4GB flash drive. Let me check and I'll add more info.

Edit: The Compact Flash drive was formatted as an Amiga drive. Once it updated itself to AmiKit 1.30, it worked just fine, without any memory leaks. I opened many drawers with over 150 icons total and all was normal.

Bogdan

Author klesterjr
#23 Posted: 1 Mar 2007 08:28 Edited by: klesterjr 
For what it's worth -- I use the new afa_libs with Workbench (not Magellan) on an SFS hardfile with the last public release of WinUAE.

This is my own install (not AmiKit) and I've never had any problem.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#24 Posted: 1 Mar 2007 11:21 Edited by: AmiKit 
well, to summarize:

- it happens in AmiKit 1.3.0 only
- it happens with hardfiles only
- it happens with Workbench only
- it happens to RetroNerd only

RetroNerd, can you try different filesystem? As Ken reported, it doesn't happen with SFS hardfile.

Author RetroNerd
Partaker
#25 Posted: 1 Mar 2007 14:42 Edited by: RetroNerd 
I've tried SFS & other FFS with Hardfiles, as Toni suggest some posts before. It doesn't work under WB. But why it the pure OS 3.9 install working without errors? Very strange Afa_OS incompatiblities, i assume.

Ken uses his own install, not AmiKit.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#26 Posted: 1 Mar 2007 14:56 
Well, the latest AmiKit 1.3.0 contains new AfA_OS files which are not present in non-amikit pure os39 installation.

Try to install the AfA_OS (together with latest icon_lib.exe) into your pure os3.9, please.

Author bernd_afa
Partaker
#27 Posted: 1 Mar 2007 15:28 
In the early developing phase of icon lib i have notice a very strange problem with amistart.

it is gone when use more new AROS funcs

But i can reproduce memeating with amistart when remove

IconControlA func from AROS

normaly iconcontrol set only some dither functions frameless or non frameless mode.All is not need for AROS funcs.
So its realy strange wy amistart do memeating.but that happen on magellan and dopus too.

try removing amistart if all work.
if the problem is amistart

Have you deactivate the tooltype from amistart USEICONOBJECT ?
This is important because amistart use on default scalos datatypes to show icons.
But this datatypes are not release for 32bit icons yet.

Author RetroNerd
Partaker
#28 Posted: 1 Mar 2007 16:08 
Thanks for the hint, Bernd. But Amistart is not the reason for mem eatings, it is still there without it.

Author klesterjr
#29 Posted: 1 Mar 2007 21:20 
This post won't help I'm afraid -- but here is what I did . . .

I did a fresh install of AmiKit using my WB3.9 CD, installed both Boing Bags, ran InstallPatches, and updated AmiKit to v1.3.0.

Then I changed the line in Startup.sequence to LoadWB (rather than LoadDB) and used MCPPrefs to change the ToolAlias prefs (as explained in the Tips and Tricks section here) and then rebooted.

I opened a few drawers with hundreds of icons (I have many!) -- unfortunately, I didn't have the problem.

Can you think of ANYTHING that you may have installed or changed since installing? I'll can try doing that too.

Author RetroNerd
Partaker
#30 Posted: 1 Mar 2007 21:37 
Yesterday i installed the whole package again, no extra installed programs and no default changes. But i can live with it, works fine without Afa_OS, whiches causes troubles with some DOS installed amiga games (No WHDLoad) too.

Page  Page 2 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3  Next » 
Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /
 AmiKit eat up all Ram

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑