AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /  

Amikit ran, WinUAE didn't

Author Jordan M
Partaker
#1 Posted: 20 Jan 2007 05:21 
Amikit would open up, and I would click the "Start Amikit" or "configure WinUAE" buttons, and nothing would happen.

I changed the WinUAEVer Variable in amikit.ini from 1.0 to 1.3.2.0 and everything seemed to work fine after that, does that make sense at all?

Author Amirex
#2 Posted: 20 Jan 2007 19:31 Edited by: Amirex 
The WinUAEVer variable should contain the version number of the AmiKit built-in WinUAE version (in subdirectory WinUAE). It was not actuated with the last AmiKit updates. (A small number like 1.0 will start an installed WinUAE (e.g. under C:\Program Files\WinUAE) in any case and uses the built-in WinUAE only if there is no other WinUAE installed on this machine).

In detail it works as follows:

- if the version (only the first 2 digits e.g. 1.2) of the WinUAEVer variable is greater than the version (found in the registry) of the installed WinUAE -> the built-in version is used

- if not so AmiKit checks what application is connected with the "*.uae" extension (that should be the installed WinUAE) and if the application exists AmiKit will run this one (not the built-in)

Maybe there is a general problem with the installed WinUAE on your machine. What version of WinUAE do you have installed. With setting the WinUAEVer variable to 1.3.x AmiKit is forced to run the built-in WinUAE (because there is no WinUAE 1.4 release this time). Please check what version is started (Configure WinUAE -> About) and what WinUAE version is installed and try to start the installed WinUAE manually.

Regards, ReX

Author alanwall
Partaker
#3 Posted: 2 Feb 2007 20:46 
the lastest winuae beta has problems I know

Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /
 Amikit ran, WinUAE didn't

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑