AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /  

AmiKit on Mac OS X running E-UAE 0.8.29 WIP3

Author Mervoid
Partaker
#1 Posted: 19 Jan 2007 18:58 
Hey folks,

First off, thanks very much for such a great distribution! Fantastic to see Amiga OS running and looking so great Especially at 1440 x 900!

I have successfully installed and run AmiKit 1.2.0 (with updates to 1.2.9) on my Windows box but here's the problem. I have transfered my freshly installed and updated AmiKit directory over to my Mac (PPC DPG4) running OS X 10.4.8 and the latest E-UAE 0.8.29 WIP3. Configured all relevant settings in HiToro 0.3.7 to match WinUAE 1.3.4 on the PC. Everything starts up and begins to run just it does on the PC, I get to the Workbench screen and everything looks great but I then get a dialog box that pops up saying something to the effect that I need a newer version of UAE. Click the Okay button and E-UAE immediately shuts down (ie. crashes I think).

Any thoughts on this? I understand that E-UAE is not yet on version par with WinUAE but is there something in AmiKit that is prompting this dialog that I can disable? Is there a valid reason why AmiKit wouldn't run successfully on E-UAE?

Thanks again!

Mervoid

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 19 Jan 2007 20:34 Edited by: AmiKit 
Hi Mervoid!

It must be something aware of UAE, I mean something programmed especially for UAE. There are two such a programs in "AmiKit:WBStartup" directory:

MMKeyboard
winuaeclip

Try to move these programs to "AmiKit:WBStartup/Disabled/" directory and boot again.

Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /
 AmiKit on Mac OS X running E-UAE 0.8.29 WIP3

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑