AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 191 [17 Oct 2019 17:54]
Guests - 191 / Members - 0
Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /  

Workbench collapse

Author BVR Sharman
Partaker
#1 Posted: 5 Jan 2007 12:37 
Hi,

Have installed BED but when launched the Workbench collapses and I am left with BED open on the WinUAE screen.

What have I done wrong?

Cheers

Brian

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 5 Jan 2007 17:05 Edited by: AmiKit 
Hello Brian,

what is BED? Anyway, it seems the program, when launched, closes the Workbench screen. This was common in earlier times to save some memory. I remember I used some program that prevented any program from closing the Workbench (DOpus) screen, but I can't remind the name now. Will try to find it as soon as I get home, probably tomorrow.

PS: I replied to your email regarding the problem when signing in to your account. Have you got it? If you want, I can reset your old password, maybe it helps.

Regards,
Jan

Author AmiKit
Admin
#3 Posted: 6 Jan 2007 00:25 

Author BVR Sharman
Partaker
#4 Posted: 10 Jan 2007 11:39 
Hi Jan

KeepWB does not like AmiKit.

Amikit appears to load, the background appears, the progess bar completes, then nothingelse.

BTW BED = BlacksEditor.

Cheers

Brian

Author AmiKit
Admin
#5 Posted: 10 Jan 2007 11:44 
Press the ESC button to quit the bootpicture to see what is happening behind it. Maybe some requester is waiting for you there.

How do you run KeepWB? I remember I put it into WBStartup. Don't forget to add "DONOTWAIT" tooltype into its icon.

Author BVR Sharman
Partaker
#6 Posted: 12 Jan 2007 11:37 
Hi Jan,

`DONOTWAIT`did the trick. KeepWB loaded OK but unfortunately did not fix the problem

However, dug a bit deeper and found that BED is set to run on it`s own screen.
Changed this to `PUBSCREEN: Workbench`and BED loaded OK.

One small problem; BED will not delete anything. It just inverts everything.

Cheers

Brian

Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /
 Workbench collapse

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑