AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 324 [28 Nov 2019 07:12]
Guests - 324 / Members - 0
Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /  

why everything is so big ?

Author Dingopathe
Partaker
#1 Posted: 14 Nov 2019 18:38 
Hello,

Could you please tell my why everything is too big ?
I've installed AKX I had the problem (2 installations), now with AKXE the same, and all are in 1080p.
windows bar, top bar, bottom bar, fonts, all are big.
I also have a laptop with 720p resolution, and this is better because smaller.
on the screenshot if you check the morpheus menu to change the theme, I'll see that the preview window has a normal size, once I apply, it become big.
Do have any idea ? Thanks in advance.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 14 Nov 2019 18:53 
Hi, I am not exactly sure what you mean, but basically there are two size presets in AmiKit: HD and FullHD. The HD one is smaller and suitable for 720p screen modes. The FullHD is bigger and looks good in 1080p and higher screen modes.

You can switch between them in MorpheuZ/Resolution. After you set HD or FullHD resolution in MorpheuZ, make sure to run regular SYS:Prefs/Screenmode and select & save the appropriate screen mode there too (1366x768 or similar for HD 720p Versus 1920x1080 or similar for FullHD 1080p).

After you reboot, the current AmiKit preset or Desktop Element will be shown in HD or FullHD size (it doesn't apply for OLD dektop elements, though).

Hope it helps?
Jan

Author Dingopathe
Partaker
#3 Posted: 15 Nov 2019 19:47 
Hello Jan,

Thanks for your reply and nice support,

This doesn't seems to help.

See the screenshot attached for a better understanding
too big ;)

Any idea ?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 15 Nov 2019 20:56 Edited by: AmiKit 
Ah, I can see what you mean now! That PREVIEW window shows how the theme actually looks like - but I did not bother with size - so it always shows the theme in HD size. In FullHD mode the theme is larger, of course.

So if you want to use exactly that smaller theme, select "HD Ready" mode in MorpheuZ / Resolution. But keep your screen mode resolution (select "I'm fine, just reboot" button).

Let me know if that helped.

Author Dingopathe
Partaker
#5 Posted: 15 Nov 2019 21:13 
I put 720p in morpheus and screenmode in 1080p and now everything is good with normal font size and bar size, similar to other OS, even OS4, as you can see.
Thx it help me a lot
looks good

Author AmiKit
Admin
#6 Posted: 15 Nov 2019 21:19 
I am glad you like it now. The original idea was to enlarge all elements on 1080p and higher screen modes.

Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /
 why everything is so big ?

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑