AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /  

top bar and windows

Author Dingopathe
Partaker
#1 Posted: 12 Jul 2019 22:48 Edited by: Dingopathe 
Hello,

I've 2 questions:

- Could you tell me how can I unlock the top bar so I can move it down to see other soft ran on others screens ? (I know it also work by clicking on the button on the right side)
- how can I make windows move out of the screen ? (left right bottom) ?

Thank you for your great support.
Have a nice day.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 12 Jul 2019 23:40 Edited by: AmiKit 
Hi, I believe you are referring to the famous Amiga screen dragging feature! Unfortunately, that is not possible with Picasso96 RTG UAE screen modes.

It is possible with PAL modes only. For example, launch ChaosPro (in StartMenu > Applications), then right mouse click and select Settings > Screenmode > Fractalscreen > and select PAL: 640 x 512 Interlaced mode. Now you should be able to drag the screen down and see what's behind it - providing you run some other app in fullscreen PAL mode there too, of course.

Moving windows out of the screen is possible with AmigaOS 3.1.4 version. If you used some other AmigaOS version to install AmiKit, it is also possible to move windows out of screen providing you install PowerWindowsNG patch. But that is not so easy and, unfortunately, it is unstable. Otherwise it would be installed in AmiKit by default.

Hope it helps.
Jan

Author Dingopathe
Partaker
#3 Posted: 13 Jul 2019 22:46 
Hi Jan,

Thank you for your help, fastest support ever ;)

Have a nice day

Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /
 top bar and windows

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑