AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /  

Error while opening AHI!

Author toyamigo

Partaker
#1 Posted: 18 May 2019 16:11 
When opening the game Sudoku I get the error message "Error while opening AHI!".
Set Paula in AHI prefs, that does not help.
Any ideas?

Windows 10
WinUAE 4.2.0
AmiKit XE v11

Thanks!

Grts,
Tony

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 18 May 2019 17:52 
Hi and welcome to Support Forum!

I've just tried default AmiKit XE installation (full & upgrade one too) and it works without any error message. Music starts playing immediately. In AmiKit:Prefs/AHI make sure UAE:16bit HiFi Stereo++ is selected and Save the settings.

Hope it helps!
Jan

Author toyamigo

Partaker
#3 Posted: 19 May 2019 08:28 
Hi Jan!

Thanks for the fast reply.
I re-installed AmiKit (the upgrade to 1100 was already done it said). Games like Deluxe Galaga have sound but something like Sudoku gives the error mentioned before.
When I select UAE in the AHI-Prefs I get no sound when I try a test sound, when I change it to Paula I do get a sound when clicking "Play a test sound".
Do you think it is because of the game or my system?

Thanks again for the help.

Grts,
Tony

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 19 May 2019 10:02 
In that case try to play with sound settings in WinUAE. Run AmiKit.exe launcher, press CONFIGURE button and go to Host > Sound settings. Try to enable/disable drivers in right-down corner.

Hope it helps!
Jan

Author toyamigo

Partaker
#5 Posted: 19 May 2019 10:20 Edited by: toyamigo 
Thanx, will do that. I already copied the AHI files from my WinUAE that is already installed, no luck. Now I'll experiment with the settings in WinUAE.
But...I just realized you are Jan, the creator of AmiKit
Congrats for creating such an amazing prog. I use it since my first Amiga4Ever, this is the first AmiKit I bought and can't wait for the killer usb stick!
Thanks for the help and I'll keep you updated with my problem.

Grts,
Tony

Author AmiKit
Admin
#6 Posted: 22 May 2019 01:02 
Hey Toni,

Thank you for your kind words! I hope you will like the disk, it's really beautiful

Cheers,
Jan

Author toyamigo

Partaker
#7 Posted: 24 May 2019 23:06 
Hello Jan,

Today my USB stick arrived! Within a week after ordering is pretty fast. And it's really a beauty
I booted the stick on my laptop, Puppy works. Now placing roms etc. and install AmiKit.
Curious how that is gonna work.
Will let you know. Hopefully the AHI works too...

Thanks a lot!

Greets,
Tony

Author AmiKit
Admin
#8 Posted: 26 May 2019 01:36 
I am glad you like the Crystal USB. I am quite proud of it

Thanks!
Jan

Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /
 Error while opening AHI!

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑