AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 4
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /  

problems with some dos-installed games

Author vince
Partaker
#1 Posted: 31 Oct 2006 17:25 
hi,
thx for the fast latest help, now i have an other problem. if i try to start dos-installed games (or games that use iconx?), i can hear the music, but i'm still on the amikit-desktop. mouse and pad are in the game, with click's i can abort the intro u.s.w.
hope and thx for anyone who can help me!

by the way - thx for amikit, i love it!!!
vince

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 31 Oct 2006 17:40 
What game is it? Lot of games needs clean Workbench to run, that means no patches and almost 2MB of Chip RAM. Try to increase the Chip RAM size to 4MB before you start the emulation (by pressing the "Configure WinUAE" button in AmiKit GUI). Try to search for WHDLoad installation of the game.

Author vince
Partaker
#3 Posted: 3 Nov 2006 15:43 
the games are especially "reunion" and "wing commander". i always try to get the whdload installs, but for this games they don't have installs. i tryed to increase the chipmem, but the problem is still the same.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 3 Nov 2006 17:19 Edited by: AmiKit 
Well, I can imagine there are a lot of programs and patches in conflict with the games. For example, AfA_OS (in startup-sequence) is a hot candidate. Would not be more simple to run such a game with clean WinUAE instead of disabling all the patches in AmiKit? I mean just insert the game's ADFs images into WinUAE virtual floppy drives and start the emulation, without AmiKit.

Author vince
Partaker
#5 Posted: 8 Nov 2006 15:38 
you're right, works better without amikit.
thx again for the fast answers!

Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /
 problems with some dos-installed games

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑