AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 352 [13 Feb 2019 07:43]
Guests - 352 / Members - 0
Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /  

Rabbithole without explorer.exe in Windows

Author amikit_noob
Partaker
#1 Posted: 22 Jan 2019 12:16 Edited by: amikit_noob 
Specs: AmiKitX 10.5.2, Windows 10 Pro, AOS4.1Classic as source, PC, 3GB Ram, 2,66Ghz.

Hi, do you know if RabbitHole programs will work/launch, if explorer.exe in Windows is not loaded ?

Example:
If I want to boot directly into workbench on PC, without seeing any of Windows or the explorer.exe shell/Windows desktop (if explorer.exe is not loaded at all) because I load WinUae/AmiKitx as the shell instead of explorer.exe, and then in AmiKitX I launch a Rabbithole (Windows) program, do you know if that RabbitHole/Windows program needs explorer.exe in Windows to load/open/launch?

Thanks
amikit_noob

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 22 Jan 2019 12:34 
Hi, I don't know. Try and see. But my wild guess is that the explorer.exe is required.

Author DesertBlizzard
Partaker
#3 Posted: 30 Jan 2019 05:48 
I can confirm that Rabbit Hole does work without explorer running. What doesn't work, and possibly someone knows a way around this, is that the built-in screen recording function doesn't work. You also cannot get to the Windows settings that are located in UWP. I would also extrapolate that to also mean that any UWP application will not work, but I'm not sure about this.

Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /
 Rabbithole without explorer.exe in Windows

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑