AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 352 [13 Feb 2019 07:43]
Guests - 352 / Members - 0
Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /  

AmiStart taskbar

Author RLFrost
Partaker
#1 Posted: 22 Jan 2019 06:34 
I have now used AmiKit X for about a week, and I find it very satisfying. Thanks to all for your efforts and a very nice momento of the Amiga. I have a question about Amistart. I have learned to customize it for the most part, but I would very much like to move the dock up from the bottom of the screen. I can find no way to do this. If anyone knows how, please let me know.

Thanks so much,

RLFrost

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 22 Jan 2019 11:39 
Hi Larry,

thanks for your kind words. I am glad you like AmiKit!

Sure you can change the position of AmiStart taskbar! Click&hold right-mouse button over "AmiKit X" button, select "Taskbar Settings" > "Miscellaneous" and change "Taskbar alignment" according to your preferences.

For more details check AmiStart's HTML documentation in AmiKit:Utilities/EXPANSION/AmiStart/Documentation/ folder. Click&hold right-mouse button over "index.htm" file there and select Open in IBrowse, for instance.

Btw. I strongly recommend to backup AmiKit:Utilities/EXPANSION/AmiStart/sm.prefs file first! Such experiments with AmiStart config might go wrong easily, especially if auto-save option is enabled

Author RLFrost
Partaker
#3 Posted: 22 Jan 2019 17:57 
Thanks for the tip about backup. I can be all thumbs sometimes. Actually, I have discovered how to move AmiStart from edge to edge; what I would like to do is move it several pixels up from the bottom of the window. I will play with the settings. In any event, it is not really very important.

What I have discovered with AmiKit is that it makes a very nice nostalgic desktop for Debian Buster. I have expanded the Rabbit Hole access to the Linux side, and I am very happy with the appearance of the desktop, not to mention access to all the old Amiga programs, some of which are still very useful.

I do have another question about the time in AmiKit. Is there a way to synchronize it with the Linux clock?

I probably should ask this in a new thread, huh?

Thanks,

Larry

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 22 Jan 2019 18:01 
Hi there,

try to enable MorpheuZ > Startup Control > ClockSync

If it doesn't help, update to the latest WinUAE (here's how http://bit.ly/2G2KyRS) and enable Synchronize Clock in WinUAE > Misc settings.

Author RLFrost
Partaker
#5 Posted: 22 Jan 2019 19:24 
MorpheuZ did the trick.

Thanks,

Larry

Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /
 AmiStart taskbar

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
↑ TOP