AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 287 [27 Apr 2018 00:59]
Guests - 287 / Members - 0
Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /  

Cursos Keys not working under Amikit for Android

Author FatAgnus
Partaker
#1 Posted: 10 Aug 2018 21:41 
Hello Folks,

It took me a while before I was able to locate some serious none-gaming software for my AmiKit.
But as soon as I had installed the first word processor I found out that the cursor keys are non-functioning under the AmiKit Emulator.
I also installed UAE4Arm (likewise with SDL Support) and encountered the same issue. It seems to be a fundamental flaw with the translation of the differeing PC scancodes for the arrowkeys, as the same problem happen when I load an Amiga 500 or Amiga 4000 configuration.
Now I can run the Mac 68k emulator Basilisk II (also with SDL support) and there the cursor keys work just fine. So what gives?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 11 Aug 2018 00:45 
Hello,

Please bear in mind that the UAE4ARM emulator is not as mature as WinUAE, therefore there might be some unexpected problems or incompatibilities like you are experiencing. I am very sorry for the inconvenience. Btw. the Android version is not supported anymore and it has been taken down from Google Play long time ago. I would recommend free AmiKit 8 or 9 for desktop computers instead.

Author FatAgnus
Partaker
#3 Posted: 11 Aug 2018 13:03 
Pointing me to the PC versions is not really helping - I got no PC in the first place.
Now what about an Amiga key remapping tool, that would allow me to translate the scan code correctly myself?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 11 Aug 2018 13:25 
In that case I suggest to contact the author of UAE4ARM and/or its Android port and provide a bugreport to them. They are much more competent to answer your questions too. We've just used their app to make AmiKit work on Android. Thanks for understanding. Again, for full Amiga experience I recommend an emulation on desktop computer or real Amiga.

Author FatAgnus
Partaker
#5 Posted: 11 Aug 2018 16:38 
So there is no Amiga tool for key remapping? All I would need is a tool that runs in the background and translates the PC scancodes of the arrow keys to the corresponding Amiga values.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#6 Posted: 11 Aug 2018 17:01 Edited by: AmiKit 
I donít know about such software but thtatís just because I have never needed one. Please try www.aminet.net or ask at www.amigaworld.net for instance.

Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /
 Cursos Keys not working under Amikit for Android

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
↑ TOP