AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Forums Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 287 [27 Apr 2018 00:59]
Guests - 287 / Members - 0
Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /  

Run AmiKit X on AmigaForever 7

Author agodng
Partaker
#1 Posted: 6 Aug 2018 19:26 
Hi to all,
I buught and install AmiKit X after configure prerequisites (have AmigaForever7) run winuae and update amikit to 10.5 all ok my file amikit.hdf is updated

My question is: I can create a file retroplatform (.rp9) of amigaforever7 with the disk amikit.hdf for run amikit directly in amigaforever ??

I tried different machine configurations starting from the amiga 1200 and kickstart 3.1 respecting all the path and set correct CPU and FPU, then I tried to set up picasso IV etc. also configured share place rabbithole and dropbox.. ceck memory rtg settings etc.

but when I launch the .rp9 from amigaforever I have an error as guru meditation, it could be a problem of reading the virtual disk or that the disk read by winuae has different parameters in amigaforever

I tried to look around but I did not find anything specific, found this http://rp9.com/7.16 but for old version
I read that it should be compatible with the Amiga 4XXX version but it does not work,
someone has some advice
thank you

Ago.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 7 Aug 2018 17:22 
Hello,

I have never tried it myself - are there any benefits of launching AmiKit X from Amiga Forever?

All I can think of is that you will lose Rabbit Hole functionality (partly or completely) plus some other features provided by AmiKit X Launcher and its custom WinUAE configuration.

You can contact Cloanto for support regarding their rp9 format: https://www.amigaforever.com/support/

Author agodng
Partaker
#3 Posted: 8 Aug 2018 10:01 
Hi, benefits? yes to manage all amiga virtual machines in a single environment, for the joystick and joypad devices configured in amigaforever
and the management of the amigaforever screen scaler is much higher than that of winuae

I've done other tests, I'm sure the problem is in hardware resources assigned from winuae to amigaforever or disk .hdf parameters

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 8 Aug 2018 10:44 
Oki, let me know if you're successful and I can include the instructions to AmiKit Quick Guide. Thank you.

Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /
 Run AmiKit X on AmigaForever 7

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
↑ Top