AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 287 [27 Apr 2018 00:59]
Guests - 287 / Members - 0
Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /  

Changing Workbench Font size?

Author mikettl
Partaker
#1 Posted: 15 Feb 2018 18:52 Edited by: mikettl 
Hey guys,

since a couple of days I use Amikit X, and this is awesome . The emulation is configured to run on a 1900x1080 monitor. Now the icons texts are very large now and also wrap into the next line when the text is longer, so I like to change the font size to a smaller one, but I'm not sure that I use the right prefs. Font Prefs has no effect when I try to change it with "Select Workbench Icon Text...", no matter what I select, it's always the same size. Please can you help me out how to change. Maybe I overlooked or I'm just blind....

Many thanks!

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 15 Feb 2018 22:03 
Hi Mike,

to run AmiKit in 1920 1080 resolution, it is enough to run MorpheuZ and click Resoltion > FullHD. Then everything, including font size, will be set automatically. Just don't forget to change your screen mode to 1920x1080 before you reboot (MorpheuZ will remind you of that).

If you want to change icon font manually, press right-mouse on empty desktop > Settings > Environment > Icon Display. There you can select whether you want to change desktop or window fonts.

Author mikettl
Partaker
#3 Posted: 16 Feb 2018 12:22 
Ah, that helps a lot, many thanks! . I'll play around with this a bit.

At the home desktop I can us 1920 x 1080, but the max. resolution is 1920 x 1200, so I probably have to live with a little stretch because I want to use full windowed at least. On the laptop though the max. resolution is 1600 x 900 which is somewhere within between the 2 standard HD resolutions Amitkit comes with. The reason to do this is to use the whole screen instead of just a (smaller) window.

The 2 things I realized are the already described icon font "issue" and that the standard icon font looks a bit distorted, and I wanted to get a more smooth appearance. That's just as a short explanation for my request.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 16 Feb 2018 12:37 
No no, you don't need to live with any stretch. When your native resolution is 1920 x 1200, after you switch AmiKit to FullHD in MorpheuZ, simply choose 1920 x 1200 screenmode for your AmiKit when MorpheuZ asks you to set a screenmode. And if you set WinUAE to use Full Windowed mode too, you're all set.

Similarly, on your laptop, choose 1600x900. You're right it's something between HD and FullHD so you can experiment a little bit. Select "HD Ready" in MorpheuZ and then choose 1600x900 screenmode and reboot. Then you can select "FullHD" and choose the same 1600x900 screenmode and reboot... and compare which scenario gives better visual result.

Author mikettl
Partaker
#5 Posted: 22 Feb 2018 02:42 
Thanks a lot! I played round in the way you mentioned, and I think the result is great. Again, this is an awesome environment, I'm excited to configure additional things such as WHDLoad, development content, customizing CLI, etc. You guys did a great job, it'S really worth to be bought!

Author AmiKit
Admin
#6 Posted: 23 Feb 2018 01:35 
Thank you for your kind words, Mike!

Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /
 Changing Workbench Font size?

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
↑ TOP