AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 287 [27 Apr 2018 00:59]
Guests - 287 / Members - 0
Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /  

Arexx Host Environment Not Found

Author Fjolsvith
Partaker
#1 Posted: 29 Jan 2018 16:35 
I'm having a problem with the Open() and ReadLN() ARexx commands. I'm getting the message

**** Error 13 in line #: Host Environment Not Found

on the line that has:

Open('infile',tempfile,'r')

Tempfile is set

tempfile='t:binkdstatus'

and the file 't:binkdstatus' exists and has about 40+ lines of text.

I'm running the AmiKit X version of WinUAE and its supposed to have DirectoryOpus installed.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 29 Jan 2018 23:26 
Hello, I am not sure this is AmiKit related. Anyway, here's what I found at AmigaOS wiki, hope it helps:

ARexx maintains two implicit host addresses, a current and a previous value, as part of the program's storage environment. These values can be changed at any time using the ADDRESS instruction (or its synonym, SHELL). The current host address can be inspected with the ADDRESS() built-in function. The default host address string is REXX, but this can be overridden when a program is invoked. Most host applications will supply the name of their public port when they invoke a macro program, so that the macro can automatically issue commands back to the host.

One special host address is recognized. The string COMMAND indicates that the macro should be issued directly to AmigaDOS. All other host addresses are assumed to refer to a public message port. An attempts to send a command to a nonexistent message port will generate the syntax error "Host environment not found".

http://wiki.amigaos.net/wiki/AmigaOS_Manual:_ARexx_Elements_of_ARexx#The_Host_Address

Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /
 Arexx Host Environment Not Found

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
↑ TOP