AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 287 [27 Apr 2018 00:59]
Guests - 287 / Members - 0
Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /  

Remove RabbitHole?

Author sduensin

Partaker
#1 Posted: 22 Jan 2018 03:30 
I'd like to disable/remove the Rabbit Hole feature. I removed the WinUAE addon and the RabbitHole hard drive volume. Doing this causes AmiKit X to hang during startup. I looked through the startup files and wasn't able to see anything related to the Rabbit Hole. I have enough Amiga knowledge to be dangerous. Did I miss something or does removing it simply not work?

Thanks!

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 22 Jan 2018 09:48 
To disable Rabbit Hole it is enough to remove the add-on OR to rename C:winlaunch program.

Author sduensin

Partaker
#3 Posted: 23 Jan 2018 01:07 
I can't get rid of the RabbitHole drive icon though. Removing the hard drive mapping prevents AmiKit from booting. It hangs before displaying "Welcome to AmiKit X" under the loading bar.

(Thanks for the quick replies - loving AmiKit!)

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 23 Jan 2018 06:11 Edited by: AmiKit 
Well, I cannot help you further as you are asking me to remove an integrated feature. I didnít ask why would you want to do that, actually. You break a lot of things in AmiKit X by disabling Rabbit Hole, including DOpus filetypes so for example doubleclicking of certain filetypes wonít work anymore, some AmiStart entries, icons, right-click menu entries wonít work either and there might be more... needless to say that some future Live Updates might depend on it... so definitely itís not recommended.

Author sduensin

Partaker
#5 Posted: 23 Jan 2018 07:38 
AmiKit:
I didnít ask why would you want to do that, actually.

It's just not very Amiga-like. While it's a cool feature, if I wanted to use PC apps, I'd just use my PC. I want Amiga apps!

Author AmiKit
Admin
#6 Posted: 23 Jan 2018 07:40 Edited by: AmiKit 
So simply donít use it Because trying to disable it will generate an unexpected problems.

Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /
 Remove RabbitHole?

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
↑ TOP