AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Forums Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 123 [22 Apr 2016 12:58]
Guests - 123 / Members - 0
Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /  

Bootscreen resolution issue

Author andyhants
#1 Posted: 12 Dec 2017 22:39 Edited by: andyhants 
Ok so despite being happy with AmiKit 8 I've spent the additional money on AmiKit 10 & happy-ish but there 's a really annoying issue during boot-up I want to resolve.

I run my AmiKit system in Windowed mode at 1600x900 resolution & have WinUAE setting sorted accordingly but when i boot AmiKit 10 it insists in sticking with a lower resolution boot screen (with the bar at the top going left to right) so it is out off centre to the left appears & then the 1600x900 windows as WinUAE instructs eveentually overides (so the windows expands to the right is correct). It's like AmiKit has a specific lower resolution splash screen it defaults to regardless of how WinUAE is setup. If there a way i can sort this out to tell AmiKit to stop being stupid & use my 1600x900 WinUAE window screen resolution for its left to right bootup bar-ry-thing starup sequence?

Author AmiKit
#2 Posted: 12 Dec 2017 23:42 Edited by: AmiKit 
Hi Andy,

the default boot images are fixed size depending on your AmiKit MorpheuZ settings (HD 1366x768 or FullHD 1920x1080).

If you use different resolution for your AmiKit desktop, the default boot image is always shown in HD or FullHD and then, when AmiKit is ready, the screen mode is switched to your actual AmiKit desktop resolution, which is in your case 1600x900.

To avoid screen mode switching, you can either disable the boot image (MorpheuZ > Startup Control > Startup Picture) or you can create your own 1600x900 boot image. To do so, run AmiKit:Prefs/ShowAmiga96_Prefs program and select "Images". Disable the "Alice" one and press Add button to add your own. Later you can experiment with the progressbar - click the "Effects" tab and edit "Progressbar" entry. You might want to check Alice's progressbar settings for inspiration.

Hope it helps.

Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /
 Bootscreen resolution issue

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
↑ Top