AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Forums Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 287 [27 Apr 2018 00:59]
Guests - 287 / Members - 0
Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /  

AmiKit 8 NetSurf problems

Author andyhants
Partaker
#1 Posted: 2 Nov 2017 19:59 
Hi

I'm trying to use NetSurf as my standard browserin my AmiKit 8 main system but am having problems with downloads. The version of Netsurf in AmiKit 8 seems ok compared with previsous versions - so runs reasonably fast, renders screen all ok, allows slectino from pull-down menus etc, but when I try to click on a link to download stuff it doesnt appear to work.

The main website i'm wanting to use is Pouet - so basically for downloading the latest Amiga Demo releases each week but when I click on a donwload link it pauses for a while then either show 'Done x.x s' in the bottom left or compeltely blanks the window & hangs. I've also tried downloading NetSurf 3.7 for 68k (Arti's version) but it crashes when i try to run it under AmiKit 8. My question is then am i wasting my time trying to get a usable version of NetSurf (i'd simply settle for one that works reliably downloading Pouet stuff) or can you tell me what I need to do to reconfigure the existing NetSurf in AmiKit 8 or get a working version of a more recent NetSurf version (that downloads from Pouet reliably) ?

Once again many thanks for your help.

PS - If you think I'm wasting my time and getting a reliable / usable web browser under AMiKit isn't achievable then please do tell me ! I'll then stick with Chrome under Windoze

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 3 Nov 2017 01:23 Edited by: AmiKit 
I am very sorry but AmiKit 8 is not supported anymore. Simply I don't have it installed anymore as I am focusing on the X version for more than 2 years now.

Anyway, try to install the new NetSurf again. There is no reason why it should not work under AmiKit 8. You might also contact its author Artur Jarosik: https://artishq.wordpress.com/

PS: have you considered to switch to AmiKit X ?

Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /
 AmiKit 8 NetSurf problems

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
↑ Top