AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 287 [27 Apr 2018 00:59]
Guests - 287 / Members - 0
Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /  

Reverting back to Dopus

Author Madlax
Partaker
#1 Posted: 2 Nov 2017 19:46 
Hi,

I recently changed AmiKit X from Dopus to Scalos. But the installation won't boot to the desktop anymore. I am seeing the pretty boot image and after holding ESC I am greeted with an empty desktop. Is there perhaps a script that I can simply from from CLI to go back to Dopus and hopefully fix it with that.

Thank you!

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 2 Nov 2017 20:42 
Oops, it seems something happened to Scalos since it was tested last time. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

When you boot AmiKit (or when you reset) please hold down both left & right mouse buttons to enter Early Startup Menu. Then select to boot without startup-sequence. Then write the following command:

Delete S:AmiKit-StartOS

and reboot. The system should boot to its default desktop - which is DOpus. Just to be sure everything is set up correctly, run MorpheuZ again and select DOpus 5.82 as a desktop replacement.

I will investigate this issue and release a fix in next live update. Thank you for pointing it out for me.
Jan

Author AmiKit
Admin
#3 Posted: 7 Nov 2017 17:51 
The issue has been fixed in 10.4.1. Feel free to switch to Scalos again.

Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /
 Reverting back to Dopus

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
↑ TOP