AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Forums Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 287 [27 Apr 2018 00:59]
Guests - 287 / Members - 0
Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /  

Using AmiNetRadio in AmiKit

Author andyhants
Partaker
#1 Posted: 17 Oct 2017 23:44 
Is it possible to still use AmiNetRadio in AmiKit 8 for listneing to Mod-type broadcast internet radio stations - for example www.modfm.modules.pl. Have tried typing in that address into AmiNetRadio but it just doesnt seem ot work at all.

This site seems to be broadcastinga good mix of decent MODs & (obviously) its east to listen to in Windoze but would really like to use AmiNetRadio if poss. Or is that an out of date app now & I'm wasting my time. Altenriavely if its easier to answer can someone please advise a short list of broadcant intrent radio URLs that do work in AmiNetRadio on AmiKit ?

Many thanks

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 18 Oct 2017 00:30 Edited by: AmiKit 
Download a playlist file (.pls) from eg. this site: https://www.internet-radio.com/stations/psytrance/ and load it to AmiNetRadio.

It will look like this:
AmiNetRadio

Author andyhants
Partaker
#3 Posted: 18 Oct 2017 22:23 
Spot on thanks its working.

One follow-up question if I may? I click on the disk icon in AmiNetRadio - so 'Save stream to disk' & sure inuff the disk icon then blinks away whilst the track is streaming but I have no diea where its savingto. Can you please advise where i can fidn the saved tracks ?

Thanks again

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 18 Oct 2017 22:53 
It's saving to AmiKit: (the root folder). I searched for .mp3 files and found the streams there

Author andyhants
Partaker
#5 Posted: 19 Oct 2017 10:46 
That's great thanks.

Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /
 Using AmiNetRadio in AmiKit

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
↑ Top