AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Forums Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 123 [22 Apr 2016 12:58]
Guests - 123 / Members - 0
I have a specific problem with AmiKit AmiKit Support Forum / I have a specific problem with AmiKit /  

AmiKit 8 Connecting to FTP

Author andyhants
Partaker
#1 Posted: 3 Oct 2017 23:33 
Every time I try to connect to the EAB Server using their std credentials under AmiKit 8 it connects then stalls at the 'Reading Directory' stage. Any ideas ?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 4 Oct 2017 00:06 Edited by: AmiKit 
Check firewall settings of your host OS.
Also double check whether your ftp address is correct.

Author andyhants
Partaker
#3 Posted: 4 Oct 2017 21:00 
The ftp address is correct & I've tried pretty much all the other ftp sites listed under the 'FTP Addressbook' menu option in AmiKit 8. All have the same result - they acknoledge connection etc then stall at the REading Directory stage. I try the same under FileZilla in Windows on the same PC (I'm running WINUAE emualtion - sorry should have said that) & it works fine - so I'm pretty sure its not the firewall (it work on another Windows ftp app) or the address - it finds all of the FTP sites & connects - but then stall on Reading Directory.

Sorry to be a pain but i really want to do ftp transfers under AmiKit if poss & I know for certain it used to owrk but now seems to have a problem. Any help would be apprecaied. Thanks

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 4 Oct 2017 21:08 
I just tried and it works here in AmiKit X (and as far as I remember nothing was changed in FTP between 8 and X)

WinUAE.exe has to be white-listed in firewall.

Author alanwall
Partaker
#5 Posted: 5 Oct 2017 18:46 
AmiKit
I also had problems with both ftp clients.
They both connected to de4.aminet.net/allowed me to open dirs and subdirs
but when I tried to transfer more than 1 files,after the second file transfer I
lost the connection. I am also having problems with both Yam and Simplemail.
Can receive but not send

Author AmiKit
Admin
#6 Posted: 13 Oct 2017 21:04 
I've just tested Aminet FTP and it works too.

Author andyhants
Partaker
#7 Posted: 13 Oct 2017 21:24 
Apols for delay in replying - but to confirm yes it was a WINUAE / Windows Firewall permissions thing. Working now so thanks for everyone's help.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#8 Posted: 13 Oct 2017 21:25 
Cool!

I have a specific problem with AmiKit AmiKit Support Forum / I have a specific problem with AmiKit /
 AmiKit 8 Connecting to FTP

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
↑ Top