AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Forums Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 123 [22 Apr 2016 12:58]
Guests - 123 / Members - 0
I have a specific problem with AmiKit AmiKit Support Forum / I have a specific problem with AmiKit /  

AmiKit X crashes when downloading updates.

Author merlinkv
Partaker
#1 Posted: 8 Sep 2017 09:39 
Hi,

I'm owner of Amikit X, installed version 10.1.0, and I can't update Amikit with Live Update ... Amikit crashes everytime when downloading the 10.2.0 update ....

I'm running WinUAE 3.5.0 as an Administrator, original Amiga Forever ROMs, ... AmiKit works, but I can't update it ... It's possible to download updates and to do the task offline?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 8 Sep 2017 09:58 Edited by: AmiKit 
What exactly crashes, the Live Update program?

Anyway, it is possible to download updates manually. Please refer to Quick Guide and look for "OFFLINE UPDATES" (page 19).

In your case, download three LZX archives and three corresponding update scripts (1020, 1021 and 1030), as well as AmiKit-Startup files to update your AmiKit to the latest version.

Author merlinkv
Partaker
#3 Posted: 8 Sep 2017 14:08 
Hi,

Thanks for the info, AmiKit is running now v10.3.0.

The LiveUpdate program start the download process very fast but become slower and after few seconds WinUAE crashes ....

Author NorseMan67
Partaker
#4 Posted: 25 Sep 2017 22:10 
I had the same problem of updating AmiKit X 10.1.0 to AmiKit X 10.3.0. I could download all updates thru Live Update 10.2.0, 10.2.1 and 10.3.0 in one go, but the problems started when the update script for 10.2.0 started. I got a lot of yellow "Recoverable Alert" messages. I just clicked left mouse-button to continue, but 10.2.0 couldn't patch a file after all it's files got copied. After the Live Update of 10.3.0 got installed everything worked fine, but I wonder what file in 10.2.0 that didn't got patched? I have Windows 10, 64-bit and I have installed AmiKit X in this path "C:\Program Files (x86)\AmiKit X\" and I run it as Administrator. I can try to reinstall AmiKit X in a different path and see if the yellow "Recoverable Alert" messages vanish. I really like your new version of AmiKit, I give it 12 of 10 points.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#5 Posted: 25 Sep 2017 22:17 Edited by: AmiKit 
Hello and thanks for those 12 points!

You can update your existing AmiKit again. Just make a backup first.

Run AmiKit, edit AmiKit:Prefs/Env-Archive/AmiKitVersion file. Replace the 1030 with 1010 and save and restart AmiKit. On next reboot the Live Update will download and install the updates again - hopefully without those yellow alerts.

You might also update WinUAE. Download the latest 32bit ZIP archive from www.winuae.net, unpack it and copy winuae.exe to your installed AmiKit\WinUAE folder (and replace the old file there).

I have a specific problem with AmiKit AmiKit Support Forum / I have a specific problem with AmiKit /
 AmiKit X crashes when downloading updates.

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
↑ Top