AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Forums Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 123 [22 Apr 2016 12:58]
Guests - 123 / Members - 0
I have a specific problem with AmiKit AmiKit Support Forum / I have a specific problem with AmiKit /  

mp3 and mp4 files

Author mark8564
Partaker
#1 Posted: 1 Aug 2017 06:28 
So i bit the bullet and bought Amikit x all went well with the install everything seems to work until i tried to play mp3 files with Amiga Amp says can't open files have tried all mp3's no look, same with video files mp4's won't work don't even get any error message's using ffplay, am at a loss with this one.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 13 Aug 2017 14:54 
Hi Mark, sorry for the delay, I was on vacation.

I confirm the AmigaAMP doesn't play MP3s: https://trello.com/c/FSleKNgx
It will be fixed in next maintenance live update.

Meanwhile please open AmigaAMP preferences, click the Decoder tab and switch Engine from External to MPEGA.

Save the settings and restart AmigaAMP. It should work now.

Regarding ffplay, it works OK here. Simply press and hold right mouse button over the file and select Play with FFPlay

Author NorseMan67
Partaker
#3 Posted: 26 Aug 2017 15:00 
I have also problems with .mp3 files. I get a nasty Reaction error when i Right-Click on a .mp3 file and choose to open it in AmigaAmp. Tried the same with Amplifier and that program doesn't even start. I have AmiKit X, Live Update 10.2. Used Kickstart 3.1 and original OS3.9 when I installed AmiKit X.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 27 Aug 2017 23:01 
Are you sure you used OS3.9 when you installed AmiKit? The problems you are describing sound like you used OS3.1 where Reaction doesn't work and Amplifier is not included at all.

Both AmigaAMP and Amplifier works here.

Author NorseMan67
Partaker
#5 Posted: 28 Aug 2017 09:05 
You say first that Amplifier is not included at all, second you say that Amplifier works for you. So why does I find Amplifier under the Audio/Amplifier menu item on the AmiKit X button? Yes, I used my original OS3.9 CD. If ReAction doesn't work from my original OS3.9 CD, how can I install it alone to get AmigaAMP working in AmiKit X? I don't have an Amiga anymore and I don't want to reinstall AmiKit X.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#6 Posted: 28 Aug 2017 09:24 
Amplifier works on my AmiKit with OS3.9. Amplifier is not included with OS3.1.

Can you tell me your amigaguide.library version? Simply go to AmiKit:Libs folder and doubleclick the file.

Regarding the players, try to run them directly. Please go to AmiKit:Utilities/Amplifier folder and run Amplifier by double clicking on its icon. Does it work? Do the same with AmiKit:Utilities/AmigaAMP just to confirm the Reaction crashes even if AmigaAmp is launched from its folder.

Btw. you might want to update your OS3.9 with Boing Bag 1 and 2. Please download and install BoingBag39-1.lha and BB3.9-2.lha from http://www.haage-partner.de/download/AmigaOS/

Author NorseMan67
Partaker
#7 Posted: 28 Aug 2017 10:34 
Amplifier will not even open from it's own folder. Forget it. I will reinstall the whole thing again.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#8 Posted: 29 Aug 2017 10:08 
Okay, let me know how it worked.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

I have a specific problem with AmiKit AmiKit Support Forum / I have a specific problem with AmiKit /
 mp3 and mp4 files

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
↑ Top