AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Forums Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 123 [22 Apr 2016 12:58]
Guests - 123 / Members - 0
I have a specific problem with AmiKit AmiKit Support Forum / I have a specific problem with AmiKit /  

Amikit X & WHDLoad

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2

Author GeekPeter
Partaker
#16 Posted: 10 Sep 2017 15:34 
the issue on my side is deffo whdload18 and not roms, i think i mentioned previously, but if i just delete the kickstarts and launch a game with whdload17 a requester pops up stating i need the roms to run the game, using whdload18 theres no requester, similar to the video i posted, it just results in an instant software failure, this applies to igame launch or manually via shell.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#17 Posted: 10 Sep 2017 15:35 
Thanks a lot for your detailed info. I've run out of time for now, but I will investigate it later and will let you know.
Jan

Author GeekPeter
Partaker
#18 Posted: 10 Sep 2017 15:42 
no problems, cheers, like i stated my issue isnt a fatal one, just a strange weird one i cant pin down, esp as whdload18 seems to be working with others and i havent made any changes to the amikit setup yet.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#19 Posted: 25 Sep 2017 21:51 Edited by: AmiKit 
Peter, could you confirm the WHDLoad 18.3 (build 5759 from 25th March 2016) works fine with your games?

Download from here: http://file.amiga.sk/misc/WHDLoad

Author GeekPeter
Partaker
#20 Posted: 27 Sep 2017 11:46 
nope that version instantly crashes, still having to use my V17.1.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#21 Posted: 27 Sep 2017 11:49 Edited by: AmiKit 
Hmmm, that's strange because WHDLoad 18.3 (build 5759) was used in first AmiKit X and you said everything worked fine there.

Could you please install the original AmiKit X to a different location just to confirm the games work there? (Don't update via Live Update, of course).

Thanks!

Author GeekPeter
Partaker
#22 Posted: 28 Sep 2017 01:12 
np, ill give that a try tomorrow, ill disable the update and launch the pre-installed whdload games as well as my own and make sure everything works like it did originally or not. i take it if everything does work you want me to note that then try the update and check for the issue again?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#23 Posted: 28 Sep 2017 01:17 
Yes, please. The first public version of AmiKit X was 10.1. If everything works, try to update to 10.2 only. Then test and then update to 10.3. Fingers crossed!

Author Wepl
Partaker
#24 Posted: 2 Oct 2017 13:01 
From where do you have the Keyfile?
It's probably cracked and won't work with newer WHDLoads.

Author GeekPeter
Partaker
#25 Posted: 2 Oct 2017 13:11 Edited by: GeekPeter 
ive tried multiple versions of the keyfile, my original proper version and the bad/cracked one, same result. Trying to install amikit-x to a new pc to follow the instructions given above, same deal as on my main pc tho, installation getsso far, the task becomes unresponsive, quit, retry, unresponsive again etc, stuck in a never completing install atm, once it unsticks itsself ill be able to try everything before the first live update.

EDIT: Sort of got it working, for some reason my other pc needs emulation set to 040 otherwise i get a black screen and the task eventually freezes. Picking 040 lets me see the screenmode requester after installation and the emulation boots up perfectly, picking 020 just results in a black screen and eventual task freeze.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#26 Posted: 2 Oct 2017 21:08 Edited by: AmiKit 
There's must be something outside AmiKit, Peter. WHDLoad not working, problems with installing AmiKit itself, 020 emulation issues... that's too many issues happening at once, you know I cannot reproduce none of them.

What's your HW and SW configuration? Maybe try it on some computer with freshly installed Windows? Maybe not enough space on disk? (a wild guess).

Author GeekPeter
Partaker
#27 Posted: 3 Oct 2017 10:16 Edited by: GeekPeter 
got plenty of free HD space, heres quick rundown of whats happening on 2 different PC's.

PC1, Asus GL551JW-DS74-HID2 15.6" Laptop with i7 4720HQ 2.6-3.6GHz, 16GB Ram, Nvidia 2GB GTX 960M

Problem here: its the machine ive been using primarily, after Amikit install, get blackscreen/taskfreeze 2-3 times, after that screenmode requester appears, nothing else bad happens, whdload 18x crashes instantly even if you issue "WHDLOAD ?" in newshell for args, it just results in instant software failure, whdload17x is perfectly fine.

PC2, Custom Built PC In Loriano Pagni's X500, MSI Z97I with I7-4770S 3.1-3.9GHz,8GB Ram, 2GB DDR5 Zotac Geforce 730

After the issue on PC1, i moved to PC2 to avoid breaking what i already installed, result is that amikit installs, however i get blackscreen/constant task freeze, unlike PC1 where a few restarts fixes it, it just stays black/frozen, if i change emulation to 040 there is utterly zero problems from start to finish, everything installs, screenmode requester appears, workbench appears perfectly and WHDLoad also works perfectly from the start and after every update, also my own games copied over also work perfectly on this install.

My uncle recently bought amikit as well, he installed using OS3.9 (i used 3.5), his cheapo low end amd/ati setup does the same as my PC2 setup, it locks up after install and wont show the screenmode requester but once he switches to 040 absolutely everything works flawlessly.

im a bit stumped why theres such a difference between my 2 setups, i might try and scrub my install from PC1 which is what i started reporting issues with, maybe try a full reinstall and see if the whdload issue remains, tho to be honest at this point ive just changed the startup sequence to copy over a version of whdload17 to C: every time on boot so even if live update gives me the newer one its instantly replaced by 1 that works for me.

As for my 2nd PC the setup of WINUAE is ofc identical to my 1st PC in every way so i have zero idea why 020 works on PC1, but 040 is required for PC2 and my uncles PC, but ocne that is changed everything works perfectly, the only notably difference between my 2 systems is that PC1 runs dual monitor and PC2 does not. Both run WinBlows 8.1, both are Intel based with Nvidia cards.

Heres a snap of PC2 running amikitx perfectly (but only with 040)
http://oi67.tinypic.com/rh1fzt.jpg

/shrug

Author AmiKit
Admin
#28 Posted: 3 Oct 2017 10:29 Edited by: AmiKit 
Windows version? Please make sure you have correct graphics and other drivers installed.

Maybe it's because WinUAE having problem with your specific HW&SW config? If your Windows is 64bit, you might want to try 64bit version of WinUAE from www.winuae.net

For more information and suggestions please visit WinUAE support thread at http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?forumid=5

I am sorry for the inconvenience. I cannot do more as I I am not able to reproduce the behaviour here, you know. But If you enable logging in WinUAE/Misc settings and send them to the author of WinUAE, he might analyze what's happening there.

Author GeekPeter
Partaker
#29 Posted: 4 Oct 2017 12:10 
yeah both PC's are winblows 8.1 x64, atm im just happy enough i can get amikit running on both, PC1 has zero issues now i just remain using whdload17, PC2 runs perfectly fine but because emulation is set to 040, several things run far 2 quick but im managing that issue np as well, ill deffo try out other versions of winuae, i also have copied the contents of amikit from the hdf to a raw pc folder and have ran it through fs-uae as well, which does seem to run things a noticably slower but doesnt have issues with whdload or 020.

Cheers for the help to date tho, thankfully my minor issues dont stop me using amikitx.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 
I have a specific problem with AmiKit AmiKit Support Forum / I have a specific problem with AmiKit /
 Amikit X & WHDLoad

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
↑ Top