Your high-end Amiga!AmiKit turns your PC into high-end Classic Amiga environment! 
Welcome to AmiKit Support Forum!

(Click here for main AmiKit website)
none

Forums Search Register Reply Statistics FAQ  DONATE 
I have a specific problem with AmiKit AmiKit Support Forum / I have a specific problem with AmiKit /

Development Environments not working

Author ArKay
Registered
#1 Posted: 2 Jan 2016 18:09 
I have just installed AmiKit (standalone) and updated to the latest 8.5. Apart from the odd GM here and there I am also having problems running those 2 IDEs:

- HiSoft C++ 4
- GoldEd from StormC++ 3

With the HiSoft IDE the whole emulator just freezes whenever I close a settings window by using the close button on the window itself or after clicking on Use.

HiSoft Freeze

GoldEd just displays garbage instead of a readable font.

GoldEd Garbage

I am running Windows 10 on a 2013 iMac.

Both programs work fine in the AmigaSYS System in Amiga Forever 2016. I tried installing HiSoft C++ in the AF AmiKit and it also freezes.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 2 Jan 2016 22:05 Edited by: AmiKit 
I have my own GoldED package somewhere so I can take a look into it myself. Regarding the other software, is it freely available so I can try them too?

Meanwhile you might want to disable some patches in startup-sequence to see whether it helps.

Author ArKay
Registered
#3 Posted: 3 Jan 2016 02:10 
I used the TOSEC disks of HiSoft C++ 4. I think I only needed the first 3 disks for installation.

I will go through the patches tomorrow then.

Author ArKay
Registered
#4 Posted: 3 Jan 2016 15:12 
Not seeing much patching done in the Startup-Sequence and I don't know what's being done in there anyway. Should I try disabling them through ShowPatches?

FWIW, GoldEd is working fine in the Magellan Beta Desktop. HiSoft still crashes though and I am also still getting the occasional GM on Startup.

Author ArKay
Registered
#5 Posted: 4 Jan 2016 14:55 
There are so many patches that I wouldn't even know where to begin. I thought I could simply compare the working AF AmigaSys to AmiKit, but there actually seems to be very little patching done on that system. I guess I have no choice but to stick to what is working then.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#6 Posted: 4 Jan 2016 17:39 Edited by: AmiKit 
Yes, that's good idea and sorry for the inconvenience. Currently all my energy is focused on developing of AmiKit X: http://bit.ly/ALICE-news

But in future we would like to add a special Developer's Add-on or StarterPack which would install some basic tools and make the developing easier.

Author ArKay
Registered
#7 Posted: 5 Jan 2016 00:23 
Well, the system itself is kinda unstable resulting in GMs on startup half of the time and sometimes also when starting a program. So there are probably a couple of issues at work here.

I had even updated WinUAE to the latest version, but that doesn't help any. It's the same version AF uses anyway.

May try again in the future.

Author ArKay
Registered
#8 Posted: 5 Jan 2016 00:25 
May even try running it on the MIST this week. Not sure if that's at all possible :D

I have a specific problem with AmiKit AmiKit Support Forum / I have a specific problem with AmiKit / Development Environments not working Top
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 123 [22 Apr 2016 12:58]
Guests - 123 / Members - 0