AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Forums Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 3
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 123 [22 Apr 2016 12:58]
Guests - 123 / Members - 0
I have a specific problem with AmiKit AmiKit Support Forum / I have a specific problem with AmiKit /  

After update my PC to Windows 10, Amikit freeze after 100% loading

Author NordicPower
Partaker
#1 Posted: 13 Sep 2015 17:20 Edited by: NordicPower 
Hello Everyone,

Recently i update my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10. When i used Windows 7, all works fine when i launched with default installation configuration.

Now, I launch amikit, i see the loading page, the slider go to 100% and that's end... I don't see the Workbench. But if you push ESC, you will obtain an ugly workbench screen in four coulor ("gray") and low resolution.

I try another configuration of Winuae from my SD of my real amiga, all works fine...

Second test, i run winuae with windows 7 emulation, no change

Any idea to help me ?

Amikit On Win 10

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 13 Sep 2015 17:50 
In that ugly Workbench, can you run AmiKit:Prefs/Screenmode program? If so, select your screenmode there and restart.

Author KuyaMarc
Partaker
#3 Posted: 14 Sep 2015 04:50 
Hmmm, have you tried disabling visual effects? I suspect Windows 10 in hoarding RAM and not releasing it to WinUAE, causing the outcome you're receiving.

Alternatively, uninstall AmiKIT for Windows (if that's what you're using), reboot your computer, and then, reinstall AmiKit for Windows in your Windows 10 installation.

Also, note that AmiKIT for Windows is a 32-bit application, NOT a 64-bit. If your Windows 10 is 64-bit, then that is the problem... RAM is not being allocated in Windows 10, as it was doing in Windows 7.

Author andyhants
Partaker
#4 Posted: 14 Sep 2015 18:54 
So does that mean that AmiKit doesn't work with Windows 10 64 bit full stop? Or that you have to reinstall under new Windows 10?

I understood that Windows 10 64 bit offers very strong support for 32-bit Apps & all in all its not a problem?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#5 Posted: 14 Sep 2015 19:49 Edited by: AmiKit 
AmiKit works on Windows 10. My Windows 10 laptop is a living proof of that. AmiKit works even if you upgrade to Windows 10.

The problem described by NordicPower has something to do with a screen mode. Let's wait for his reaction.

Author NordicPower
Partaker
#6 Posted: 15 Sep 2015 06:11 
Yes, my problem is solved !!

After change resolution with ScreenModeAmiKit + classical ScreenMode, i can now show the AmiKit Workbench.

Thanks for your help.

P.S. My system is only 16-bit with an old Quad CPU Q6600 2,4Ghz

Author AmiKit
Admin
#7 Posted: 15 Sep 2015 08:35 
I am glad it's solved now.
Enjoy AmiKit!

I have a specific problem with AmiKit AmiKit Support Forum / I have a specific problem with AmiKit /
 After update my PC to Windows 10, Amikit freeze after 100% loading

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
↑ Top