AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Forums Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 123 [22 Apr 2016 12:58]
Guests - 123 / Members - 0
I have a specific problem with AmiKit AmiKit Support Forum / I have a specific problem with AmiKit /  

Whdload

Author goldfish
Partaker
#1 Posted: 8 Feb 2015 23:37 
Hi

Can I use any adf with amikit and Igame / whdload

When I try to install a adf using the whdload installer from whdload website it fails reading the adf I have tried quite a few and all do the same thing. Am I missing some thing?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 9 Feb 2015 00:40 Edited by: AmiKit 
Try this:

Run AmiKit and when it boots up to desktop, press F12 and WinUAE window will pop-up. Click the Floppy drives in left column. Insert the ADF files here. Click OK to return to AmiKit. The ADFs get mounted like you would have inserted a real disks. Now unpack the WHDLoad installer for the particular game and run the installer. The installer should find the game disks and install the game. That's it.

Author goldfish
Partaker
#3 Posted: 9 Feb 2015 09:50 
Hi

That's what I have been trying to do. But when it goes to access the adf it fails to read the disk.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 9 Feb 2015 09:57 Edited by: AmiKit 
If WHDLoad installer cannot read the disk, it might mean that it's not a right disk - means the particular ADF is not supported...

What game are you trying to install?

Author goldfish
Partaker
#5 Posted: 9 Feb 2015 18:33 
Tried super frog from dream 17 site and pinball illusions and lots of others all do the same and not able to read disk when inserted by f12 and floppy select in uae

Author AmiKit
Admin
#6 Posted: 9 Feb 2015 19:51 Edited by: AmiKit 
I've just installed Pinball Illusions without any problems here. And I inserted ZIP archive of ADF image. Note that the disk itself don't need to be accessible from desktop, but the particular WHDLoad game installer should be able to read them.

Maybe the most easy way is to leave the disks inserted and reboot AmiKit. The game will be loaded directly before AmiKit

Author goldfish
Partaker
#7 Posted: 9 Feb 2015 23:08 
AmiKit
Hi

Have been having more success with adf seems to be some adf are not working for what ever reason but have manage to install Banshee ok. Do zip of adf need to be unzipped first or can uae read the adf inside the zip?

Author goldfish
Partaker
#8 Posted: 9 Feb 2015 23:11 
Looks like i will be registering whdload soon

Author AmiKit
Admin
#9 Posted: 10 Feb 2015 10:36 
WinUAE can read ADF in ZIP archive too.

Author goldfish
Partaker
#10 Posted: 12 Feb 2015 10:10 
Wicked no more un-zipping.

I have a specific problem with AmiKit AmiKit Support Forum / I have a specific problem with AmiKit /
 Whdload

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
↑ Top