AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Forums Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 123 [22 Apr 2016 12:58]
Guests - 123 / Members - 0
Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /  

AppAssign Dock

Author andyhants
Partaker
#1 Posted: 4 Feb 2015 23:21 
Hi again

Another one of a few Qs I have. How do i get rid of the 'AppAssign Dock' icon on my Desktop. I have absolutely no idea what it does and want to get rid of it but unlike the other icons I don't use i can't right click and select Put Away. I'm sure it downs something useful but just don't want it on my desktop so would really appreciate being advised how to get shot of it.

Thanks

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 5 Feb 2015 11:36 Edited by: AmiKit 
Hi,

you can drag and drop any folder onto AppAssign icon to create an Assign to that folder. For example, if you create a folder named RAM:ThisIsMyFolder and then drag&drop it onto AppAssign, it lets you create an assign named eg. "Mine". From now on, anytime you call "Mine", eg. in Shell, it points you to RAM:ThisisMyFolder location.

Anyway, move AppAssign from AmiKit:WBStartup folder to AmiKit:WBStartup/Disabled folder to prevent AppAssign from running on system startup.

Author andyhants
Partaker
#3 Posted: 6 Feb 2015 18:47 
Great thanks- sorted

Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /
 AppAssign Dock

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
↑ Top