AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /  

AmiKIT 8 / MorpheeuZ Screen Mode Change

Author Kernel
Partaker
#1 Posted: 10 Dec 2014 06:06 
I opted to change my screen mode from within MorpheuZ and now AmiKIT it's booting into a low color old style workbeh-ish looking screen. I cannot seem to reset it back to the default AmiKIT look. Is there something easy I can do to correct this or is a re-install the only option?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 10 Dec 2014 09:19 Edited by: AmiKit 
Not a problem, there are several possibilities.

Can you run MorpheuZ/Screenmode again? If so, set it to previous working screenmode, eg. 1024x768. If not, run AmiKit:Prefs/Screenmode and select your screenmode there. Again, try 1024x768 first.

Alternatively you can locate the following file (using AmiKit or the host system, eg. Windows Explorer):

AmiKit:Prefs/Presets/AmiKit/Install/Screenmode/1024x768/Prefs/Env-Archive/sys/screen mode.prefs

and copy it to:

AmiKit:Prefs/Env-Archive/sys folder. That should reset your screenmode to default 1024x768.

Author Kernel
Partaker
#3 Posted: 10 Dec 2014 19:42 
In addition to this, I had thought that perhaps something happened with the desktop I had chosen so I ran MorpheuZ and tried DOPUS and that didn't correct it so I then tried the BETA and am now stuck at a shell error screen and nothing will load.

Thoughts?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 10 Dec 2014 20:05 
Didn't MorhpeuZ warn you to expect unexpected with DOpus BETA?

Do you want to save some special data you have installed to AmiKit meanwhile? I can try to resuscitate your installation. But if not, simple re-install would be the easiest solution I suppose.

Author amjackal
Partaker
#5 Posted: 10 Dec 2014 21:57 
I Have Same problem

is there any way to extract the .hdf file to be able to change some files inside it ?

how can i locate the file [AmiKit:Prefs/Presets/AmiKit/Install/Screenmode/1024x768/Prefs/Env-Archive/sys/screen mode.prefs] with windows ?

Thank you

Author AmiKit
Admin
#6 Posted: 10 Dec 2014 23:09 
Hi amjackal,

AmiKit on Windows use regular directory to store its files, not hardfile. Simply go to the location where you installed AmiKit, usually it's C:\ by default. There you can find AmiKit folder and there's another AmiKit folder inside which contains Amiga files. Please let me know whether it helped. Thanks!

Author Kernel
Partaker
#7 Posted: 11 Dec 2014 04:42 
LOL yes it waned me but I didn't expect it to simply crash before it even started back up

No, I don't actually have anything installed or updated yet... was just starting, so yes I could just reinstall from scratch but I was hoping to not have to do that

Before I do, is there a way to manually set the desktop for example by copying a default preference file like you had me try with the screen resolution?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#8 Posted: 11 Dec 2014 09:30 Edited by: AmiKit 
Okay, let's try something first.

SIWTCH BACK TO DOPUS 5.82

Start AmiKit, hold down both mouse buttons so the Early Startup menu appears. Boot without startup-sequence and type:

FastAssign
CD AmiKi:Prefs/Presets/AmiKit/MorpheuZ
execute MorpheuZ

MorpheuZ should appear, you won't see the whole window but it should be enough to press the Desktop Replacement button and switch back to DOpus5.82. The emulation will hang at the end probably, but when you close WinUAE and start it again, AmiKit boots to DOpus5.82

RESET SCREENMODE

Start AmiKit, hold down both mouse buttons so the Early Startup menu appears. Boot without startup-sequence and type:

FastAssign
execute "AmiKit:Prefs/Screenmode AmiKit"

A window will appear where you can select screenmode. I recommend 800x600 or 1024x768. Then the program will complain about some assign and the emulation will hang again, but your selected screenmode will be set when you start the emulation again.

Author amjackal
Partaker
#9 Posted: 11 Dec 2014 20:25 
AmiKit
Yes i found the directory in windows but unfortunately my problem with MacOS Version i could not found a directory like that with Mac and i am tried to hold down both mouse buttons so the Early Startup menu appears but nothing happened, I dont know if the UAE for Mac is different than that for windows, anyway i reinstall it from the binging with all my applications and games that i need

Thanks for help

Author AmiKit
Admin
#10 Posted: 11 Dec 2014 21:21 
amjackal, AmiKit for Mac uses hardile so you cannot manipulate with files from outside of emulation.

Maybe your Mac is too fast Next time you want to enter the Early Startup Menu, try to hold down the both mouse buttons first and then reboot - while still holding the mouse buttons.

Author Kernel
Partaker
#11 Posted: 12 Dec 2014 03:09 
OK the FastAssign and execute MorpheuZ worked - thanks!

Author Kernel
Partaker
#12 Posted: 12 Dec 2014 03:19 
something else I just noticed; Morpheuz hs a button for 1280x800 but when you select it, a popup recommends you also set it in screenmode prefs. But I doesn't exist there... could that be why when I reboot without doing that AmiKIT hangs at the "Loading..." graphic?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#13 Posted: 12 Dec 2014 09:59 
Kernel, exactly. Screenmodes in MorpheuZ are hardcoded - means taken from configurations with such a resolution - that's why it is recommended to set a real (or similar) mode in system's Screen Mode program.

Author ccapublic
Partaker
#14 Posted: 16 Dec 2014 23:29 Edited by: ccapublic 
Weird behavior today while testing on android

- set screen resolution from 1024x768 (default) to 1280 x 800 in system screen mode : saved and applied OK
- from Morpheus set screen mode to 1280 x 800, answered " I'm fine" when prompted to open system screen mode (as I already changed it in first step)
- reboot
- System back to NTSC lowres / lowcolor mode "on its own"

Recovered this by simply opening a newcli then manually launching screenmode and fixing resolution, but weird glitch anyway.

Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /
 AmiKIT 8 / MorpheeuZ Screen Mode Change

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑