AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /  

Amikit not running correctly... see screenshot

Author Malakie
Partaker
#1 Posted: 20 Oct 2014 03:00 
screen

This is how it runs after install without any changes... Any idea what is wrong?

Author Malakie
Partaker
#2 Posted: 20 Oct 2014 03:02 
Not sure what happened but the website errors out when I post message... and that apparently caused the numerous attempts to go through anyhow... sorry about the multiple posts...

Author AmiKit
Admin
#3 Posted: 20 Oct 2014 09:38 Edited by: AmiKit 
Thanks for the screenshot. Is it AmiKit 7? What is the host system, Windows/Linux/etc? What hardware? And what Amiga system have you imported to AmiKit, 3.5, 3.9, XL or AmigaForever?

What screenmode have you selected during AmiKit installation? Usually 1024x768 should work.

Anyway, run "AmiKit:Prefs/Screenmode AmiKit" and select the screenmode there. Then program asks you to run and select the same screenmode in system's "Screemode" program too. Do it (uaegfx:1024x768), SAVE and then reboot. Hope it helps.

Author Malakie
Partaker
#4 Posted: 20 Oct 2014 22:13 
Running on an Asus G75VX Laptop with Windows 7 Pro installed.

When I installed, I selected the screen resolution you stated. I am using an Amiga OS 3.9 CD for the base files. And this is the latest AmiKit 7.0 I am trying to install.

Never had any issues with 6.0 either so this is weird....

I have uninstalled completely, cleaned the registry AND manually deleted any left over AmiKit files in an attempt to fix this... still no luck.. I am not sure what the heck is going on...

Author Malakie
Partaker
#5 Posted: 20 Oct 2014 22:13 Edited by: Malakie 
The website also just sent me that error again... and ended up multi posting thus the edit of this reply....

Starting to wonder if something is really wigged out with my Windows install on this system....

Author AmiKit
Admin
#6 Posted: 20 Oct 2014 23:12 Edited by: AmiKit 
You might want to update to the latest WinUAE. Download the latest ZIP archive from www.winuae.net, unpack it and copy WinUAE.exe to AmiKit\WinUAE folder and replace the old executable there.

OR uninstall and install AmiKit 1.6.0 just to verify the problem is not with your Windows. Download it from here: http://www.amigafuture.de/downloads.php?cat=33

(And don't worry about the Forum website, you're not the first one having the multiple posts so the bug is on my side.. somewhere)

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /
 Amikit not running correctly... see screenshot

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑