AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /  

Cannot assign more than 2 hard disks in Directory Opus 4

Author Lars Lundin
Partaker
#1 Posted: 6 Sep 2014 22:13 Edited by: Lars Lundin 
I have created a virtual hard disk (.hdf) in WinUAE called Files. I've also got two Windows hard disks (WinDH_C and VistaImg).
WinDH_C is assigned to DH2:.
But when I assign the Files virtual hard disk with DH1: I loose my VistaImg hard disk. Then I try to assign VistaImg with DH4: and that works fine. But when I shut down or reboot Amikit the VistaImg hard drive is not assigned anymore with DH4:. Does anybody know how to save the assigned VistaImg hard disk so that it will be permanently accessible through the DH4: button in Directory Opus?

Thanks in advance!

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 6 Sep 2014 22:53 Edited by: AmiKit 
Hi Lars.

After you assign the hard drives, switch to Configuration section of WinUAE, mark the AmiKit config entry and press the SAVE button so the changes are preserved.

Author Lars Lundin
Partaker
#3 Posted: 7 Sep 2014 01:10 Edited by: Lars Lundin 
What I mean is that I assign the VistaImg hard drive through the Assign button in Directory Opus from inside AmiKit. I just type: VistaImg: in the left column in Directory Opus and then I press the Assign button and type in the device name: DH4:.
Then, when I press the DH4: button in Directory Opus it shows me the contents of the VistaImg hard disk.
So I just wanted to know how to save this setting permanently.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 7 Sep 2014 10:14 Edited by: AmiKit 
I see you mean Directory Opus 4, not v5 (alias Magellan) used as a Workbench replacement. By the way, I've edited the name of this thread and added version number "4" to avoid further confusion.

Anyway, the Assign command is temporary and not meant for the purposes you want.

Press the "C" button instead - located in right-down corner of Directory Opus 4 - which lets you to configure the program. Then press "DRIVES" and there it is.

For more info on how to use Directory Opus 4 please read its manual located in AmiKit:Utilities\DirOpus4\Docs folder.

Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /
 Cannot assign more than 2 hard disks in Directory Opus 4

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑