AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Forums Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 123 [22 Apr 2016 12:58]
Guests - 123 / Members - 0
Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /  

Amikit with WinUAE 1.3

Author Tarzin
Partaker
#1 Posted: 17 Jul 2006 22:38 
Is there anybody wich is runing Amikit with WinUAE 1.3 ?

After having installed WinUAE v1.3, my Amikit doesn' boot. Only a black screen and all is frozen. (even killing WinUAE task is hard!)

Suggestions ?

Author Amirex
#2 Posted: 18 Jul 2006 09:48 
I run AmiKit with 1.3 without problems. Can you start any other configuration (maybe AmigaForever) direct from WinUAE 1.3. That means first start WinUAE and then load the config from within WinUAE. Did you install WinUAE in a separate directory or a subdirectory of AmiKit ?

Regards, ReX

Author Tarzin
Partaker
#3 Posted: 18 Jul 2006 14:16 
Hi Rex!

Seems to be a problem with uaescsi.device (misc option)
When option is checked nothing boot.

When its' unchecked, amikit seems to boot. Seems to boot because on Workbench screen appears an error message and then Amikit's bootscreen (nice Kitty!). I can't close this error message so I think that my workbench is waiting this before opening.

Any idea ??

Author Amirex
#4 Posted: 18 Jul 2006 14:47 
Hi Tarzin,

can you read the error message ? I think it is something like "Can not open uaescsi.device" :-) ...

In my configuration I also can't start it without uaescsi.device. What kind of system rom do you use ? I use one of AF2006.

Regards, ReX

Author Tarzin
Partaker
#5 Posted: 18 Jul 2006 16:49 
Hi ReX!

Sorry, for the moment, I'm at the office!! :-(
But, yes, error message is something like "Can not open uaescsi.device unit 1"

Rom is 3.1 (rev 40.68) and workbench was installed from WB 3.9CD

Thanks for your help!

Author AmiKit
Admin
#6 Posted: 19 Jul 2006 12:00 Edited by: AmiKit 
Tarzin, please tell us how did you install new WinUAE 1.3. I mean did you use an installer? If so where did you install WinUAE, into separate directory or into AmiKit\WinUAE?

As I wrote you in private email, AmiKit works with WinUAE 1.3 here. I did not use installer, I just manually copied new WinUAE.exe to AmiKit\WinUAE\ directory.

Author Tarzin
Partaker
#7 Posted: 19 Jul 2006 22:35 
As I wrote you in private email, AmiKit works with WinUAE 1.3 here. I did not use installer, I just manually copied new WinUAE.exe to AmiKit\WinUAE\ directory.

Good Evening!

I've uninstalled WinUAE 1.3 and copied WinUAE executable to AmiKit\WinUAE\'s directory.
All is working except if uaescsi.device is checked. If checked, nothing boots and I can't kill winuae's task with windows task manager.

If unchecked, all ir unnning well except that I can't access to my CDROM.
Is there another solution to mount CD ROM ? (without using uaescsi.device) CD0 have been moved (for the moment) to storage/devs

Thanks for advance

Author AmiKit
Admin
#8 Posted: 20 Jul 2006 09:27 
well, have no idea why it doesn't work. Please try to manually copy WinUAE 1.2.0 executable into AmiKit\WinUAE\ directory. Does it work now with uaescsi.device enabled?

If so, then I assume you found a bug in new 1.3.0. Toni Wilen claimed new WinUAE will be available soon because too many stupid bugs were found in latest 1.3.0. However I am not sure whether usescsi.device is in the bug list. Actually it works here without any problem.

Are you sure you haven't changed something in AmiKit? Or have you changed default AmiKit_v1.uae configuration before?

The best thing would be if you could test this issue with fresh installed AmiKit (that already contains WinUAE1.2.0). Then manually copy WinUAE 1.3.0 executable and report.

Author Tarzin
Partaker
#9 Posted: 22 Jul 2006 13:22 Edited by: Tarzin 
Hi!

I've uninstalled WinUAE 1.2 and 1.3
I've copied WinUAE 1.3 executable into Amikit directory:
- with uaescsi.device disabled all is working
- with ueascsi.device enabled nothing is working (UAE is frozen and Windows is running very slow). Even kiiling WinUEA task is impossible

With WInUAE 1.2 all is right.

I've tested with Amikit and a "normal" workbench 3.9

I thing I'll come back to WinUAE 1.2

PS: All new translation jobs are nearly finished! ;-)

Author AmiKit
Admin
#10 Posted: 23 Jul 2006 13:42 Edited by: AmiKit 
Official WinUAE 1.3.0 bugs are here. Check if your problem is listed, otherwise please report it to Toni Wilen with as much detailed information as you can provide, including log and dump files.

Author Tarzin
Partaker
#11 Posted: 24 Jul 2006 15:21 Edited by: Tarzin 
Hi Amikit!

Seems that there are problems with uaescsi.device and winUAE 1.3

http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=257038&postcount=4

Unfortunately, this solution doesn't work on my computer. I'll switch back to WinUAE 1.2 and will wait a new version of WinUAE

Author Tarzin
Partaker
#12 Posted: 26 Jul 2006 13:01 
Problem was reported. Hope to have an answer...

Author Tarzin
Partaker
#13 Posted: 27 Jul 2006 20:01 
Hi.

New beta of Winuae has solved my problem.
Working fine again with version 1.3.1 (not available) for the moment.

Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /
 Amikit with WinUAE 1.3

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
↑ Top