AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /  

Boot into AmiKIT using KXLight

Author klesterjr
#1 Posted: 30 Dec 2011 17:45 
I'd be interested in knowing if anyone has ever sucessfully installed KXLight to harddrive or usb drive (and how you did it).

AF never provided instructions (as far as I know) and I'd like to figure out how to get a self-booting AmiKit onto a usb drive.

Author klesterjr
#2 Posted: 30 Dec 2011 18:40 Edited by: klesterjr 
I checked the AF site again and there are NOW instructions for installation (for version 8.0+).

I'll let you know how it goes.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#3 Posted: 30 Dec 2011 20:45 
I am looking forward to the results!

Author klesterjr
#4 Posted: 30 Dec 2011 21:14 
The install was simple enough -- but it won't boot.

Someone posted that the installer is broken. According to that post (from early 2011), Cloanto sent them an updated iso that installed correctly. Unfortunately, my iso is a couple of years old and KXLight doesn't see any updates available.

I haven't given up, but it's looking to be complicated.

Author klesterjr
#5 Posted: 2 Jan 2012 13:44 
I have AmiKit booting via KXLight now -- it's not all that hard, but there are a number of steps to follow. Plus, there are "issues" with the KXLight installer. I'll post a how-to in the next few days.

I am having an issue with menus within the AmiKit environment. I 'right-click' to bring up a menu, but as soon as I move the mouse, the menu disappears. This happens contextually and at the top.

Anyone know what's going on?

Author klesterjr
#6 Posted: 2 Jan 2012 15:01 
Tried several settings (within AmiKit & within E-UAE).

Maybe this is just how the menus behave under E-UAE. It's does the same thing in the mac version too.

As long as I don't hold the right mouse button down, the menu "sticks" and I can select whatever I need.

Unless someone else has another explanation, I think I'll just call it good.

Specific questions AmiKit Support Forum / Specific questions /
 Boot into AmiKIT using KXLight

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑