AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /  

AmiKit installed via AF 2009 Plus Edition, good but ...

Author Artha Parson
Partaker
#1 Posted: 12 Mar 2010 11:21 
hi

i just installed AK via AF 09 Plus.

everything sounds fine and installing AK has never been as painless as this time for me only, now i have other problems:

formerly, with AK installed separately and on its own, all pc devices were also accessible when AK was fully loaded with the Workbench / Magellan screen viewable but now, it's only Amiga devices that are accessible there, which is not exactly what i'd like!

then there is also the fact that in the past installations of the AK, i could easily configure WinUAE to run with the amount of chip memory (say 8MB) and fast memory (say 256MB) but now it's not possible to do so.

i know i'm doing something wrong here but am not sure which and where?

i have tried F12 to get the WinUAE's configuration window pop up and let me change parameters there, and then restart, but it doesn't work as expected and i either get AK crash or nothing happens at all.

i'd really like AK the way it was before and i'm sure it can be done now but how?

thx for the feedback.

best regards
AP

Author Artha Parson
Partaker
#2 Posted: 12 Mar 2010 11:42 
ok, Jan, everybody!

sorry, my bad: been away from WinUAE / AmigKit / AmigaForever et al for quite a while (due to re-installation of WinXP and other pc-related issues) and had thus totally forgotten all about how to handle things!

i had to Save the changed configuration so that things would run in the way i wanted them!

everything is working rather fine now although certain icons such as the MorpheUz, AWeb etc do not show up on AK's Magellan Wb as they did in the old times. guess Jan changed it himself?

anyway, thx for the great job Jan, Cloanto and WinUAE guys: classic Amiga emulation owes it to you guys more than anyone else at this moment imo!

keep up the good work ... (and pray for me to get rich, really rich, as i'd be donating a lot of money to all of you indeed.)

best
AP

Author Clyde
Partaker
#3 Posted: 16 Feb 2011 22:25 
Hi there!

Yeah, I also wonder why all the nice icons on the workbench (Morpheuz, Aweb, ...) are not there when I installed it via Amiga Forever. Is there an easy way to get them in there, Jan?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Greetings!

Author Clyde
Partaker
#4 Posted: 4 Jun 2011 22:27 
Huhu!?

Author Clyde
Partaker
#5 Posted: 28 Oct 2011 21:43 
Any solutions here, Jan? Thanks a lot!

Author AmiKit
Admin
#6 Posted: 28 Oct 2011 22:29 
I cannot test it right now but I think it's because of Magellan's way of saving the desktop icon path. It saves it with device name AK0: instead of volume name AmiKit:

So if the device name of AmiKit hardrive in Amiga Forever WinUAE configuration is eg. DH0, even though the volume name (AmiKit) is correct, the desktop icons are not found and thus not displayed.

Please change the device name (in WinUAE/Harddrive section) to AK0 and try again.

Author Clyde
Partaker
#7 Posted: 28 Oct 2011 22:47 
Wooohooooo! Thanks a lot, Jan! Works like a charm now. Perfect!

Thanks a lot!

Author AmiKit
Admin
#8 Posted: 28 Oct 2011 23:37 
You're very welcome. I am glad it works for you.

Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /
 AmiKit installed via AF 2009 Plus Edition, good but ...

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑