AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 191 [17 Oct 2019 17:54]
Guests - 191 / Members - 0
Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /  

Startup error, WinXP SP2 + Amiga Forever 2009

Author Gumm
Partaker
#1 Posted: 21 Sep 2009 16:40 
Config:
Windows XP SP 2
Amiga Forever 2009
AMD Ahtlon 64 X2 6000+

Problem:
AmiKit downloaded and installed without problems. The installer launched AmiKit just fine. Then I shutdown AmiKit to look at AF09's settings, which is when the problems started.

When I set AF09's startup profile to Amiga 1200 (slow/best compatibility) I get Guru Meditation Error:81000005, Task:0025CEA8. And the error seems to flash very slowly.

When I set AF09's startup profile to any of the two Amiga 500 settings (both: slow/best compatibility), the kernel boots and opens a CLI window, and a System Request posts the generic "Software Error - task held".

I haven't yet found any solutions to try in this forum or web searches. Still looking. In the meantime I'm hoping someone can help. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Gumm

Author Gumm
Partaker
#2 Posted: 21 Sep 2009 17:24 
Additional info: During installation I chose 1600x1200 as the default screen size. My video card and monitor both support this resolution. Thought I would mention this in case it has any bearing.

Some ideas:

1. Reduce the default screen resolution. Since I can't boot AmiKit, how can I do this from WinXP?

2. Uninstall AmiKit and reinstall with default, or less extreme resolution. Looking for docs on uninstalling from Amiga Forever... anyone have a fast path?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Gumm

Author AmiKit
Admin
#3 Posted: 22 Sep 2009 10:26 Edited by: AmiKit 
I think it should be possible to re-run the install procedure by copying the Startup-Sequence file from
AmiKit\Prefs\Presets\AmiKit\Install\InstallStartup\AF\ folder
to AmiKit\S folder (using Windows Explorer).

On my system the integrated AmiKit can be found in the following folder
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Amiga Files\Shared\dir\AmiKit

Author Gumm
Partaker
#4 Posted: 22 Sep 2009 16:08 
Thanks for the fast reply.

Your suggestion got me to the Language prompt of the install procedure. Next step, a system request is asking me to insert volume AF-Setup in any drive.

Any ideas how to proceed?

Gumm

Author Gumm
Partaker
#5 Posted: 22 Sep 2009 16:14 
Perhaps this is a clue.

1. The Amiga Forever launcher Status says "Ready" for AmiKit, not "Setup" like it did immediately after the first download.
2. Clicking "Retry" did nothing, of course. When I clicked on "Cancel" I got the long AmiKit error message "Searching for Amiga Forever system files: checking version number... Amiga Forever system files not found", web site, etc.

Gumm

Author AmiKit
Admin
#6 Posted: 22 Sep 2009 23:59 Edited by: AmiKit 
Hmmm, wrong startup-sequence. My apologies. I'll send you the correct one soon (busy in work now). Btw. what if you uninstall AF2009 completely, delete its folder (including AmiKit) and install it again and download AmiKit again?

Author Gumm
Partaker
#7 Posted: 23 Sep 2009 07:01 
A complete reinstall of AF2009 + AmiKit, and choosing the lowest screenmode (800x600) worked. I'll just stick with that since I did not have much invested in customization of AF yet.

Thanks greatly for your help!

Gumm

Author Gandi
Partaker
#8 Posted: 30 Nov 2009 20:33 
I had the same problem.
Removing (oder renaming) the "AmiKit" Folder in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Amiga Files\Shared\dir\" did the trick for me.
After that I could download and install AmiKit from the Amiga Forever screen again.

Peace, Gandi

Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /
 Startup error, WinXP SP2 + Amiga Forever 2009

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑