AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 191 [17 Oct 2019 17:54]
Guests - 191 / Members - 0
Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /  

AmiKit and Amiga Forever 2009. Can't install

Author Kenny
Partaker
#1 Posted: 15 Aug 2009 19:59 
It would appear that Amikit does not like Amiga Forever 2009. I cannot get past the 'Installing System Components' setup screen using the AF2009 disc. Is this a known issue?

I have used the AF2009 disc to install AF2009 to my PC. The Amikit setup cannot see that local installation so I selected use 'AmigaForever CD' button, accepted the T's&C's and then it just seems to lock with the 'Installing System Components Please Wait' screen.

Installing to Windows XP-Pro SP3. I have previously setup Amikit with AF2008 on this PC.

Author Kenny
Partaker
#2 Posted: 15 Aug 2009 20:07 
Also, "You can install AmiKit with the Amiga Forever 2009 Player. Simply start Amiga Forever 2009, switch to Application tab, select AmiKit entry and press the download button. Once the package is downloaded, it gets installed automatically. From now on you can doubleclick the AmiKit entry in Amiga Forever 2009 player to run AmiKit.

I tried this and I get a Windows 'Application Download' pop up saying 'Element Not Found' When I click on 'OK' it says application not downloaded.

I do not have a Firewall enabled.

Author codeimpaired
Partaker
#3 Posted: 20 Aug 2009 05:05 
I had the same problem but when I switched to the Amiga XL cd it worked fine.

Perhaps try a previous AF year cd.

Author Lyoko774
Partaker
#4 Posted: 21 Aug 2009 03:54 Edited by: Lyoko774 
Also, "You can install AmiKit with the Amiga Forever 2009 Player. Simply start Amiga Forever 2009, switch to Application tab, select AmiKit entry and press the download button. Once the package is downloaded, it gets installed automatically. From now on you can doubleclick the AmiKit entry in Amiga Forever 2009 player to run AmiKit.

I tried this and I get a Windows 'Application Download' pop up saying 'Element Not Found' When I click on 'OK' it says application not downloaded.

I do not have a Firewall enabled.

I am having the same issue!
Also, first post here. Hi!

EDIT:
I think I found the fix.
Dontchya just love google? :P
http://www.amigaforever.com/kb/16-117

Author AmiKit
Admin
#5 Posted: 22 Aug 2009 19:39 
Thanks for the link. I'll place it at AmiKit's Knowledge Base or FAQ (or both).

Author minimustangs
Partaker
#6 Posted: 8 Nov 2009 15:18 
Wow. I'm having the same issue... using AMIKIT 1.5, Amiga Forever 2009, WinUAE 1.61

Amikit gets to the point where it asks for the Amiga Forever CD, finds it and then says installing system Please Wait.

That's as far as I get.

- applied the Amiga Forever patch listed in the thread above. Tried reconfiguring WinUAE. When I did I noticed the power light blinking the GUru status (3 blinks...talk about perfect hardware emulation). I thought the Guru light might be from rediculous adjustments I made to the WinUAE settings, so I re set them.

Un-installed Amikit, installed latest WinUAE, re-installed Amikit. No dice.

The setup for Amikit does recognize the CD/DVD drive - it blinks when it searches for the Amiga Forever disc. That's the last time the CD (drive) blinks. The emulator however seems to want to ping the CD ( blink the blue light occasionally, but that's all it ever does?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#7 Posted: 8 Nov 2009 23:16 Edited by: AmiKit 
After you install fresh AmiKit on Windows side and before you run the emulation for the first time, please download (right-click and save as) Startup-Sequence file and place it to AmiKit\S folder. Also download Startup-Sequence2 file and place it to AmiKit\Prefs\Presets\AmiKit\Install\InstallStartup\WinUAE folder. Now run AmiKit and finish the installation on Amiga side using your Amiga Forever (CD or installed) as the source of system files for AmiKit.

Just make sure Windows won't save your files with .txt or .htm suffixes. The saved files shouldn't have any.

Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /
 AmiKit and Amiga Forever 2009. Can't install

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑