AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 49
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /  

Amiga Forever 2009 and integrated AmiKit

Author pgovotsos
Partaker
#1 Posted: 3 Aug 2009 04:16 
Hi all,

Has anyone gotten the Amikit integrated with Amiga Forever 2009 to work? I've tried installing it on 2 computers. One has Vist x64 SP1 installed. The other is WinXP x32 SP3. The same happens on both. I start the player, right click on Amikit and select download. A progress guage pops up and it seems to download. At the different point (sometimes it seems to complete the download, sometimes it only goes say 25%), an error window pops up with error: Unknown error 0x800762EE2

I HAVE succesfully installed the AmigaSYS.

I'm asking here since Cloanto don't seem to have a forum.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks,
Panagiotis

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 3 Aug 2009 09:19 
Try to disable your antivirus or firewall before downloading.

Author pgovotsos
Partaker
#3 Posted: 4 Aug 2009 05:04 
Thanks! That fixed it.

Author pgovotsos
Partaker
#4 Posted: 9 Aug 2009 04:37 
Although this worked, I'm curious why. I wouldn't think a firewall & AV would interfere with installation - I've never had it happen before. If it helps, here's the configuration of both laptops:

Windows Vista SP1, Microsoft Firewall, Eset NOD32 v4
Windows XP SP3, Microsoft Firelwall, Eset NOD32 v3 (haven't had a chance to upgrade this yet)

I disabled both firewall & antivirus so I don't know if it was one or a combination of both that was causing the problem.

Anyone have any ideas why firewall & AV would interfere with installation of AmiKit integrated into Amiga Forever 2009 Premium?

Panagiotis

Author AmiKit
Admin
#5 Posted: 22 Aug 2009 20:53 

Author pgovotsos
Partaker
#6 Posted: 25 Aug 2009 05:30 
Updateing the Software Director & AF took care of the missing element error, now I get an error window titled "Application Extraction" with the error "The system cannot find the path specified."

Any ideas?

Panagiotis

Author AmiKit
Admin
#7 Posted: 9 Nov 2009 06:40 Edited by: AmiKit 
Please try to update your Amiga Forever using the Software director tool. If that doesn't help, you might want to try to completely re-install Amiga Forever and then install AmiKit again.

Or contact Cloanto support for further help regarding this issue. I am sure they will help you.

Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /
 Amiga Forever 2009 and integrated AmiKit

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑