AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /  

Install Printer and CD/DVD Drive

Author zeke1312
Partaker
#1 Posted: 11 Jul 2009 20:09 
When trying to configure a printer on a USB port, AmiKit shows parallel or serial as the only options under I/O ports. Also, how do I configure a CD drive? Can't find the support doc that covers these 2 subjects. Thank you

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 11 Jul 2009 20:47 Edited by: AmiKit 
It is WinUAE that shows those options under I/O ports, not AmiKit. Therefore I am not much of help here. In addition, I have never printed with WinUAE or AmiKit, unfortunately.

With regards to your second question, what do you mean by configuring a CD drive? Simply insert CD into drive and the CD shows up on AmiKit desktop. If your drive is not detected, try to move CD0 (or CD1 or CD 2, etc.) file from AmiKit:Storage/DosDrivers to AmiKit:Devs/DosDrivers folder and reboot.

Author zeke1312
Partaker
#3 Posted: 11 Jul 2009 21:14 
OK, I copied storage/dos drivers to the dev/dos driver folder. rebooted...it shows an icon on the WB but does not recognize the drive. If a select format, the drive activates bu nothing after that.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 11 Jul 2009 21:30 
Which environment do you use? Magellan (default) or Workbench or Scalos?

Author zeke1312
Partaker
#5 Posted: 11 Jul 2009 21:43 
Magellan.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#6 Posted: 11 Jul 2009 23:59 Edited by: AmiKit 
Okay, the icon shows up on your desktop after the CD is inserted. Under the icon the CD name is displayed, right? What exactly happens if you double-click the icon? What CD is it, data or music?

Alternatively you can mount CD as a virtual harddisk. Before you start emulation, go to WinUAE/Hard drives section, select Add Hardfile, point the Path to your CD, enter CD4 into Device field. Disable Read/Write option.

Author zeke1312
Partaker
#7 Posted: 12 Jul 2009 19:56 
No icon appears after I insert a data DVD into the drive. The drive spins up and that's it. Looking at system/devices there are no available cd0 thru x drives. The icon for cd o is missing.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#8 Posted: 12 Jul 2009 20:00 Edited by: AmiKit 
Are you sure the files CD0, CD1 etc. are located in your AmiKit:Devs/DosDrivers folder?

Have you tried the alternate method described above?

Author zeke1312
Partaker
#9 Posted: 12 Jul 2009 22:05 
How can I send The Dos driver folder contents to this thread?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#10 Posted: 12 Jul 2009 22:14 Edited by: AmiKit 
Just tell me whether the folder contains the following files or not

CD0
CD0.info
CD1
CD1.info
CD2
CD2.info
CD3
CD3.info

Btw. what drive letter is assigned to your DVD drive in Windows? D? E?

Author zeke1312
Partaker
#11 Posted: 13 Jul 2009 08:16 
CD0
CD0.info
CD1
CDI.info
CD2
CD2.info
CD3
CD3.info
CD4,5, etc
CDDA
CDDA.info
PC0.info
PC1.info
RAD
RAD.info

DVD drive is E

Author Clyde
Partaker
#12 Posted: 13 Jul 2009 15:00 
I had a similar problem with the CD/DVD drive. My drive was also E then. I changed it to drive letter D and it works pretty perfect. So, if you have the chance to change it to D, try it. Otherwise I guess it is a WinUAE(?) config thing to tell it that your CD drive is not at D but at E.

Installation questions AmiKit Support Forum / Installation questions /
 Install Printer and CD/DVD Drive

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑